Favorite Vintage Catalogs

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Favorite Vintage Catalogs
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 07:29 am:

This is the time of the year when were all receiving mountains of catalogs in the mail. Most of them we toss right away and others kick around for months after their effective date.

Im sure that most people on this forum also own one or more vintage catalogs .. listing parts and accessories for the model T. I look at these in the evenings in my easy chair all year round ... as if I could really order from them. I always seem to find something different each time and it also helps to educate my eye for when I find accessories or other T parts at antique shops or flea markets.

Here are some of my favorites.

Catalogs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 08:00 am:

The yellow one is a dealers catalog but, I can't see the cover?
Very cool, thanks for showing them!

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 10:17 am:

Mark, here are a few links to an old Camping Supply catalog, Montgomery Ward catalog and a Sears catalog I copied awhile back ...

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/696156.html?1480122954

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/695642.html?1480030176

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/534330.html?1429199248

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 10:24 am:

Here are the covers to the catalogs in the above links ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 11:40 am:

I never throw anything away. These aren't as old but are still fun. Especially the prices.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 12:51 pm:

Interesting that Mark's catalog of "Accessories for FORD cars only" doesn't show a Model T on the front--it's not even a Ford!
Neat stuff here, I have a few of the same ones Rich has, nothing from the period though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 01:39 pm:

These are fun from '06 to the 20's. The one at right is a nice reprint.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 04:36 pm:

I have a series of Montgomery Wards catalogs for the teens. There are lots of T accessories list in each catalog. I have been thinking about carefully removing the pages, and scanning them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 05:08 pm:

The 6000 mile tire, I was getting 80,000 miles on the tires on my Dakota pickup. Back then 6000 miles was ALOT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 12:00 am:

Jason, do any of the teen MW catalogs have an aftermarket tourabout body? Been trying to locate one in a catalog that may match one in my possession.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 10:31 am:

My favorites are genuine Ford parts books, and all other Ford literature. BTW, has any one ever seen or heard of a brochure on the 1925 Ford pickup? I have ads, but that is all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 10:52 am:

Dale, not sure. I don't recall where I put them when we moved. I think they might be in the shop.

If you do not here from me shoot me a PM in a few weeks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 11:15 am:

I love seeing the different treads used on tires in the era. I wonder why Wards didn't stay with that M-W pattern on the Riverside tires ? When did they change it ? (Almost as kewl as "non-skid" !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Bond on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 09:12 pm:

Have been collecting these for a long time and have a good assortment that I use to help identify and date some of the accessories I collect, especially early spark plugs. Have quite an assortment but here are a few of my favorites. The Charles Miller catalogs are among the best illustrated covers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, November 27, 2017 - 10:18 am:

Terry, very nice. I love the artwork on the old catalogs ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Bond on Monday, November 27, 2017 - 06:45 pm:

I have quite a few of them going back to 1903. Started collecting years ago at Hershey when I came across a vendor who had a pile of them priced at $15 each. I bought all the early ones with neat cover illustrations. I'll take a few more pics of some of my Ford T specialty catalogs.
Terry

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration