OT-Boys, 56, Thanksgiving, Parts Dept

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT-Boys, 56, Thanksgiving, Parts Dept
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 10:03 am:

The boy helping me set-up the 56 to replace the rear body panel. Then he showed his little brother how to use the impact driver.
After the "Feast" a stroll through the back 40 and parts dept. The boy was especially interested in the 54 Merc Convertible this time. He spent a lot of time looking for lost treasures in it.

Guardian of lost automotive dreams

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 10:15 am:

That 56 wagon would make a nice family hauler :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 10:32 am:

Your own personal parts department, cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 12:49 pm:

We visited Dan and Ellen's place while on the New York tour a year and a half ago and saw this parts department, but it's only part of it all. The 10 car garage with all restored FOMOCO cars is very nice too, and then there's the barn... And then there's the restoration shop where the restoration-in-progress pictures at the top of this post were taken.

My impression is that Dan has been collecting for a loooong time! Hopefully "the boy" will continue with all of this someday.

Best wishes to Dan and Ellen,

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 10:58 am:

Dan and Ellen are wonderful people. They have the earliest 1913 I've seen. I think it was made in Nov. 1912?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 05:14 pm:

Dan - Looks like hes growing up as a boy should. These memories you are making will last a lifetime.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 07:44 pm:

Great pictures Dan!

Thanks for sharing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 07:49 pm:

Gary, It was at one time, but unfortunately New York winters and with salt on the roads makes this car unrestorable. The same with all of the cars in my parts dept.

Keith, Thanks for your kind words. Yes, I have been collecting since I was 12 years old. I use to go into junk yards and buy cool looking Ford parts with the money I made on my paper route. So, yes, it's been a long time. The grandsons are always in the garage with me when they visit, so there is a good chance they will.

Larry, Thanks for the nice compliment. Yes it was made Nov. 1912.

Dan, The boy has an awesome memory. He remembers stuff he has done here since he was 3. Unfortunately now that he is in school he has less time here.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration