Interesting Cowl and Hood

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Interesting Cowl and Hood
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 03:24 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 03:42 pm:

Not a T model, so may be just as built.
some of Duncan and Fraser's 1915-16models did come with hoods which sat on the top of the firewall rather than on the hood shelf.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Eastwood on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 04:03 pm:

That is the Alpine Tavern, high above Pasadena California. The car is a Metz. In the late 1800's / early 1900's the Pacific Electric trolley would take you to the base of Echo mountain in Pasadena & you could ride a funicular railway up the mountain. At the top of Echo Mt. you could board a trolley that wound around to the top of Mt Lowe & the Alpine Tavern. I believe the Metz was transported to the tavern via the railway!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 04:06 pm:

Neat, here is a link on info regarding the tavern
http://www.thaddeuslowe.name/mlalpinetavern.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 04:26 pm:

Peter E, As I recall, the Metz was mostly driven to the top as a publicity stunt. I understand that there is a museum dedicated to the mountain and its history, and that there is a Metz in that museum. I have heard that the Metz in the museum IS the one driven to the tavern? And I have heard that it is not the one. So I won't claim to know the actual answer.

Except that my computer has suffered a crash of some sort, I used to have a site bookmarked that told the story of the Metz on the mountain. I am still hoping to get those bookmarks back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 04:56 pm:

All very interesting, thanks for sharing. Here's a link on the Metz auto getting to the Alpine Tavern. jb

http://www.aaaim.com/echo/v1n4/metzmtn.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 07:58 pm:

The Metz is a Model 22 Fore Door, the first Metz with a roadster body having doors.

1915 Model 22 Fore Door

1914 Model 22 Torpedo Runabout with Turtle Deck.

1913 Model 22 Torpedo Runabout with tool box and Two optional Rumble Seats.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 12:20 am:

A couple of years back there was a yellow Metz, original unrestored sold at Bakersfield, with the 2 rear seats.

Many years back a couple of T guys found an open valve T engine at the bottom of a land fill in Eastern Washington. It was in the middle of summer and extremely hot out. It took the guys nearly 1/2 of the day and whole lot of sweat to drag the block up the steep incline to the top.

Once up at the top they realized this was really a Metz block looking very close to an open valve model t block.

They just pushed the Metz block over the edge and watched it tumble all the way down to the bottom.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 08:19 pm:

This picture was taken on the Mt Lowe cog railway about 1912. The tall man with the beard on the second row from top was my great grandfather Stephan Kling. To his right was my grandmother Ardella Kling and to his left was my grandfather George Kling.
Norm

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration