Shipping wheels to Stutzman's

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Shipping wheels to Stutzman's
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Carstensen-Trosky Mn. on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 08:05 am:

Sent my wheels in plywood crates to Stutzman's to be reworked. (Wood fellows non demountable clincher)
1 crate made it, who knows where the other one is. UPS has tracking numbers on them. To check them out, you need to setup an account with them. Maybe I should just sell it for parts as long as it's all apart to refinish. It is kinda hard to run on two wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 09:14 am:

Well that sucks! Hopefully it was miss placed for a few days!

I had a package shipped to my wife's work recently. Ups delivered it to a neighboring business. A few days later they hand delivered the item. Hopefully something simular happens for you.

Best luck. I know there are lots of Ts in your area, a new set of wheels should be easy to get if needed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 09:50 am:

Dan, don't despair, IF the other wheel never shows up. I believe Noah can make you up a complete wheel from scratch, although you may have to provide him the hub. All is not entirely lost. Good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fords Masterpiece . nj on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 10:13 am:

I never heard of opening an account to be able to track ! When you create a label they asked you for a email and send you a 1Z number .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 11:59 am:

If I was told I had to set up an account to track a package I would be inclined to get very assertive. Not hostile, but definitely assertive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 12:07 pm:

I hope UPS finds the errant package before they all go on strike!

http://www.businessinsider.com/ups-workers-threaten-to-strike-2017-11

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 01:19 pm:

You don't need to have a UPS account to track a package.

Just go on the UPS website and click "tracking" and enter your tracking number.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 01:32 pm:

I had the same problem and package showed up a week late

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 01:35 pm:

That is a bummer. What was said above no account needed to track.
The only advantage of opening an account is you can do all your shipping on line and have the packages ready for drop off or pickup, same with the Post Office.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Hoffer on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 04:41 pm:

I had an instance where the only thing that came through was the box flap with the address label on it. No box, no irreplaceable parts. Lost package department may as well have been on Mars. Hope you have better luck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 05:11 pm:

Another suggestion; when shipping, have a packing slip inside, maybe even two.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 05:23 pm:

They always ask if I have an account with them when I ship something with them.
Unless something has changed having an account is optional and tracking is done through their website. Always put in a packing slip inside a large envelope with instructions with your return address and what you want done.
Don't ever assume they will know or remember what your information would be. The receiver needs clear information.
Be sure you to get the tracking no. before you leave the shipper.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fords Masterpiece . nj on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 05:45 pm:

the tracking number starts with 1Z , located below bar code

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 10:05 pm:

1st mistake using UPS
Good luck got couple good rims for wood fellows

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 10:18 pm:

Dan,
Don't give up on your project. If UPS doesn't find your missing wheels, One of us Minnesotans should be able to help you out. We want to see more Minnesota Model Ts out on the roads. Are you needing 30x30, or 30x3.5?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fords Masterpiece . nj on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 10:25 pm:

Try to contact the LP ( lost prevention )

dept in the closest ups building in your

area . Tey will look for wooden wheels i the confuser .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 10:53 pm:

If you sent two crates each with their own label, there is no guarantee that both will arrive to the destination on the same day. It's not inconceivable that they became separated right away and may have been shipped on different trucks, etc.

As others have said, you should be able to look up the status of the crate that is still in transit.

You said you have tracking numbers. Here is the link to track:

https://www.ups.com/tracking/tracking.html

If it says still in transit and gives a location, you shouldn't worry. If it says delivered, then you should worry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Carstensen-Trosky Mn. on Monday, November 27, 2017 - 05:58 am:

There was two crates & two labels. I wonder if one of the labels came of. they were stuck to plywood. The numbers they gave me are not the tracking numbers. This am. I will stop in and see if they can bring up the numbers yet.
Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Monday, November 27, 2017 - 07:14 am:

You don't need an account to track with UPS.

Just go to the link below and type in the tracking number.

https://www.ups.com/tracking/tracking.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fords Masterpiece . nj on Monday, November 27, 2017 - 09:18 am:

You must have a receipt . And that HAS the track. num . that starts with 1Z .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Carstensen-Trosky Mn. on Monday, November 27, 2017 - 10:49 am:

It was just delivered. Why the time between shipments. Thanks for all your interest & helpful suggestions.
Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Monday, November 27, 2017 - 10:58 am:

Dan,

I bought a set of tires recently from TireRack.com. They shipped the tires in two separate packages, (2 tires per package). They obviously went out at the same time. Got one set of 2, then, 2 days later, got the other 2. Who knows how UPS works...? Glad it worked out for you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fords Masterpiece . nj on Monday, November 27, 2017 - 11:29 am:

We dont know if theyre shipped the same day Jerry . Each package is just a individual pkg and thats how they work . Dealing with ups for years , they are the best from far. Out of millions handled everyday they will make mistakes but nothing is faster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Monday, November 27, 2017 - 11:40 am:

Fords,

I do know that the labels were created on the same day, at the same time. The tracking info however shows that each package travelled by a different route.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fords Masterpiece . nj on Monday, November 27, 2017 - 11:57 am:

Sure . As i said each pkg is handled individually and they can take different routes and or be held for a different truck.
Sometimes the label is produced by the shipper ( not saying thats your case) but not shipped . But he got the wheel , thats what counts .

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration