Looking For

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Looking For
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Davis on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 09:44 am:

I have a 26 coupe and trying to find a good replacement for the seal that attaches to the top of the trunk lid. There is a strip that that is screwed to the upper edge of the trunk lid that has/had a seal in it. The seal is what I need it's a piece of 1/4" round rubber with a waterproof cloth sewed around it and it crimped into the metal strip. I've looked thru my vendor catalogs and don't really see anything like it. Anyone have any idea where I can get something like that, or if it's even made. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 12:33 pm:

Hi Richard,

I think that Lang's has what you are looking for:

https://www.modeltford.com/pl.aspx?t=s&v=57511X&page=1

Good luck with your project, Bill.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rolf Oehman Oslo Norway on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 12:47 pm:

I was not aware of that kind of rubber seal. Is that original ?
On my 1926 roadster there was nothing in the upper deck lid , but I bought the metal u shaped rain gutter from the vendors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rolf Oehman Oslo Norway on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 12:58 pm:

Thatís interesting information. Wondering if this weather strip can be used combined with the metal gutter. Maybe it difference between coupes and roadsters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 03:21 pm:

I tried the link and it failed. :-(

It looks like something went wrong

We track errors on our website automatically, but if the problem persists feel free to contact us at 978-939-5500 during normal business hours or send us an email at sales@modeltford.com and we will be happy to help you.

While you wait for our site to be restored please feel free to download our catalog and begin shopping while you wait.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration