OT Good news Jacksonville fl to junk red light cameras

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT Good news Jacksonville fl to junk red light cameras
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 12:09 pm:

Found this on the internet, didn't see it on the local news but after e-mailing the JSO I found it is true maybe other cities will follow. What's this intelligence in city government ?
http://floridapolitics.com/archives/242833-jax-junk-red-light-cameras-december

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 12:18 pm:

The cameras didn't work out, at least not for most cities here in Califunny. Check this out:

https://www.2fixyourtrafficticket.com/cities-in-california-red-light-camera-tick et-program-status-2017.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 12:47 pm:

I know those cameras had their problems( mostly because people would stop on a yellow )but I noticed sense they removed them there is a big increase in red light running. The turn light turns red and the cars keep on coming. The lights delay for a moment before oncoming traffic gets a green, cars keep coming. Oncoming traffic gets a green and the last two cars make it through. What is the etiquette on running red lights. 5-10 cars?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 12:59 pm:

Scott: When I get a Green light and my HUGE windowless E-250 starts moving they stop!
My Father was a Florida State Trooper he said the lights are supposed to work like this "When the yellow light comes on it is supposed to stay on 1 second for every 10 MPH speed limit (45 MPH speed limit = 4.5 seconds duration)then all directions stay red for an additional 2 seconds,Giving everyone but a true a**hole plenty of time to stop and I have no problem taking 20 to 30 minutes writing those people a ticket!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 01:04 pm:

In Oregon the law is you stop on yellow light if you can but could get a ticket for running a yellow light if you don't. Of course there are plenty of people running the red so it's good there is a safety margin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 07:12 pm:

Banned in N.J. over a year ago when it was found that they shortened the duration of the yellow light thereby increasing their income. Bloody buggers. They deserved to be hung for that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard C. Sullivan on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 09:35 pm:

Cost me $150.00 a few years ago while pulling my travel trailer in Florida. Big rip off. The picture also showed someone going thru from the other way, so they doubled the money with one shot..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 10:29 pm:

BIG rip off.The camera company is the only 1 that came out on any of those deals as the state and local gov spent alot in court cost and etc because of the cams.
The county I worked in had them on several lights on US74. Alot of state and other government vehicles got caught on them.Including 2 signal crew trucks. DUH.
They were done away with when a couple screwed up and gave everyone a ticket even on green. And yes, the yellow is cut WAY short when a camera was in use.
I do remember 1 guy got a stop light cam ticket in the mail.His truck in a pic and the letter told him the cost.I think 100 bucks. He sent a letter with a photo of a 100 dollar bill. He was later sent a photo of a set of handcuffs. So he sent in the money.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Monday, November 27, 2017 - 11:17 am:

G.R. Yeah my brother says when he is at a red light and it turns green he goes NOW in hopes of stranding those runners in the intersection. haha. Intersections are a place when its good that our old cars are a little slow to get going. We don't get into so much trouble.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Monday, November 27, 2017 - 06:21 pm:

I don't know what the statute of limitations is for running a red light, but I'm going to tell this story. Some years ago I decided to put year of manufacture plates on my 1917 4WD T. When I went to the Dept. Of Licensing place, they wouldn't allow the plate I had, as it didn't quite match the drawing that the state put out as a guide. All of the people behind me in line started giving the girl behind the counter a hard time for being a bureaucrat, but I said "it doesn't matter, she's just doing her job". I was planning on running the plate anyway. I figured no cop would ever stop me, and so far, perhaps 10 years later, that has been true. I keep the proper plate under the seat. So, I have a single bogus plate on the back, and nothing on the front. The traffic lights in down-town Spokane are set up in such a fashion as to ostensibly allow a car to travel all the way through on one-way streets. In fact, this isn't the case. They will allow you to go for quite a while, green light after green light, and when you have a pretty good head of steam built up, they will suddenly change. The yellow period is tailored for modern cars and therefore is quite brief, so when they change, I make a decision as to whether I should run the red or squeal to a stop in the middle of the intersection. I usually run the red. On this particular day some years ago, I ran a red with a traffic camera. I don't know if it is a computer or a person who looks at the photos, but if it's a person, I would have loved to have seen the look on the picture inspector's face when he saw my 4WD T with no useful identification on it. So far, I haven't received a ticket, and if I do, I will deny everything! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Crane on Monday, November 27, 2017 - 07:03 pm:

Tom
Rumor is strong that Montana is buying the scrap Florida cameras and installing them anywhere there is a T race!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Monday, November 27, 2017 - 10:19 pm:

BIG Total Rip off, "legal" rip off scam some streets here in miami i dont drive anymore because you cant make a right turn also SICK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 12:13 am:

Jon, the joke's on them. According to the rules, the Montana 500 course is not allowed to have traffic lights! Ha ha! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 12:45 am:

Reminds me of story in a Sunday paper in Melbourne Australia years ago. Some young fellas wrapped rag around their number plate and sped through a red camera heaps of times for a laugh.
Silly buggers had their car for sale and forgot the notice in the back window which had their phone number which the red light camera picked up.
When the police visited the house connected to the phone number the car was parked with the rag still around the number plate.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration