It started out as a nice day......

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: It started out as a nice day......
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 03:05 pm:

November 26, 2017 - it was sunny and 55 degrees so I thought it would be a good day to take the Model T Ford out for a spin to our local Fred Meyer store. I get our 22-mo. old strapped in the car and get down the road and all the sudden high winds pick up, making the sedan act like a big sail in the wind. We get to Fred Meyer and buy our needed supplies. We step out into a deluge of rain pouring sideways due to the high winds. A couple years ago, a good friend of mine found a vacuum wiper at a swap meet for $2.00. It sure came in handy today and the sedan kept us very dry. One nice thing I like about a sedan is that you can drive it in any weather and still be comfortable.

https://youtu.be/V1jZhO1BpQM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 03:14 pm:

In 1920 90% of the cars on the road were open, by 1930 90% were enclosed. Folks had "had enough".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 03:31 pm:

We used to take the kids out on days like that in our Speedster. Now they are grown up and we have a Tudor and a Coupe. They look back with fond memories and so will your child. Model T's always make the foul weather better.
Thanks for sharing the video.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 07:13 pm:

I like that wiper!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 07:51 pm:

Sounds like the whole day was a nice day!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration