c cab and year of mfg

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: c cab and year of mfg
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hannigan on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 04:01 pm:

I have a wood body C cab pickup. There are no doors and no splash aprons. I am guessing it is 23 or 24 but I cannot find any numbers stamped on the pad above the water outlet. Is this type of body after market and does '23 or '24 sound about right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 05:11 pm:

Dave,

Ford Motor Company USA never produced a wooden C cab pickup. If you have one it would most likely be an aftermarket body or one made by the owner or local blacksmith etc.

It could be placed on any year chassis. But the bodies are designed to fit 1909-1925 car chassis without modifications to the body or the 1926-27 car chassis or the Ton Truck Chassis. If you take one of those bodies and mount it on the other type chassis, you need to make some changes to the body mounts to get it to fit. Also, you need the matching radiator, hood, and hood former (part the hood will rest on next to the cab). It can be made out of wood or metal etc.

If you post some photo folks will be able to tell you a lot more about the car. Also confirm if it is on a car or Ton Truck chassis.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hannigan on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 05:24 pm:

c cab

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 05:34 pm:

Neat! Home made on a car chassis. Could be anywhere from 1920 to 1925. A front photo, engine left and right and how tall the side panels are on the hood would help narrow down the year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Heavner on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 05:39 pm:

CUTE T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hannigan on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 06:01 pm:

other pix

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 06:06 pm:

Going by what I see, 1924-1925.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 06:58 pm:

Looks like an auxiliary transmission too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 07:02 pm:

Yup, that's cool !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 10:05 pm:

black balloon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 10:39 pm:

Neat truck.But the body is not Ford,it is home built or aftermarket company.
Could you post a photo or 2 of the bottom of the windshield where it is fitted to the wooden cab front? I am working on building 1 and would like to see that up close.Also would like to see the mounts for the kerosene side lamps. thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 11:39 pm:

You can buy the flat windshield mounts for that style windshield from most of the suppliers. You would have to use the truck/huckster style lamp mounts too. Which is what looks to be used to mount the lamps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hannigan on Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 09:37 am:

There is no aux trans but there is a Ruckstell rear axle on the truck. When I got the truck the windshield was in the truck bed. The lamps are held on by a through bolt into the back of the lamp.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 09:52 am:

If I remember you could buy a new chassis and build on or add to it for your own individual needs. This one looks to be have been built up after the Model T era. Could have been a closed or open car to begin with. Whoever did it did a really neat job

I think this one was built up in the 50's. My opinion of course.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration