REVIEW OF NEW BOOK

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: REVIEW OF NEW BOOK
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stokes on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 06:16 pm:

The book has only been out for little more than a week.

This is a screen shot of a quite unsolicited review by a buyer who I know to be a very knowledgeable Ford man. It appeared on a Facebook page that I set up to capture stories and info for the next Ford in New Zealand book. It gave me a lump in the throat.

The publishers, New Holland Publishing, I think are blown away by the sales. Early signs are that it will be sold out by Christmas. Wow!

If anyone wants one I have about 20 left - these are signed copies. PM me, or contact me directly at tourist.times@xtra.co.nz

John Stokes
New Zealand

review

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stokes on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 04:57 pm:

Rob Heyen wanted to know the feedback on the book.

This is all quite unsolicited...

I keep receiving emails from folk who have bought it. Here is a typical example from this morning when I opened my email...

This one from Sydney says:

email

There's been a whole lot more too. I have lots of lumps in my throat. I have also seen a draft review from a professional but I cannot share that until it is printed. Below is a couple more - screen shots from Facebook, including one from my lovely friend Anita, a professional photographer, who helped me with some photos.

wayne tomlins

anita

I have also had a call from the publisher this morning - they are really excited about how well it is doing - and the Christmas rush hasn't even started yet.

I hope this is not seen as self-congratulatory - rather, it is promotional. If you want a copy of this first edition you may need to get a wee wriggle on! I shall copy this over to the other thread as well.

Thank you to everyone who has bought the book so far. It makes the project a worthwhile one.

John Stokes
New Zealand

cover

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevin Gough on Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 01:01 am:

John, I just received my copy, and am very impressed. Congratulations! Had a Model T friend drop in and saw it."Wow, how do I get one?" It's going to sell well. Thank you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stokes on Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 02:12 pm:

Thanks Nevin!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Manuel Voyages, ACT Australia on Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 01:17 am:

Received mine today. Looks great!!

Manuel in Oz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stokes on Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 01:31 am:

Thanks Manuel (EB!!!). I think you will enjoy it. Looking forward to some Australian reactions too!

John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley Near Melbourne Australia on Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 03:39 am:

Mine arrived today. Very very impressed with the book as a whole. Well designed, well bound and beautifully set out. I have only skimmed a few words here and there, including the top paragraph on Page 88. That passage is a brilliant summary of the Rofe story. I am really looking forward to reading the whole book properly.
Congratulations on a wonderful production, John. A real credit to you and your publisher.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 03:51 pm:

Yes sir! Each chapter makes me look forward to reading the next. I love the anecdotes sprinkled among the facts, they bring it to life.

Rolling on volume 2 !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stokes on Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 11:02 pm:

Thank you for the kind comments, Dane and Adrian.

The Rofe story is a great wee tale Dane. Thank you so much for assistance with that story.

And Adrian, it is a pity that "Albert" isn't there - one of the hardest jobs of all was choosing which photos to exclude.

Best wishes - John

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration