Rainy day today so I was holed up in the babbit shop. Poured a 1912 block for mains. This engine suffered catastrophic failure of a vintage Sure Mike crankshaft that ripped the rear main out of the block. The wonder workers at Lock n Stitch repaired it for us. On this job they furnace brazed the rear wall back in. We are going in with a new Scat crank.
I also did a run of rough bored main caps on the Hempy Cooper rod lathe. We bore them to minus .050" on the lathe and the line bore is a lot less tedious. I bore the block out to the same size then bolt the caps down and go for finish size.
Nice work erik did you get the message on the 4th main i sent over to be bored
Yes. I will have the rear mains done tonight.
No hurry just never heard back
Nice repair by lock n stich