Today's project on the shop

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Today's project on the shop
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Monday, November 27, 2017 - 02:01 am:

Rainy day today so I was holed up in the babbit shop. Poured a 1912 block for mains. This engine suffered catastrophic failure of a vintage Sure Mike crankshaft that ripped the rear main out of the block. The wonder workers at Lock n Stitch repaired it for us. On this job they furnace brazed the rear wall back in. We are going in with a new Scat crank.
I also did a run of rough bored main caps on the Hempy Cooper rod lathe. We bore them to minus .050" on the lathe and the line bore is a lot less tedious. I bore the block out to the same size then bolt the caps down and go for finish size.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Monday, November 27, 2017 - 10:03 pm:

Nice work erik did you get the message on the 4th main i sent over to be bored

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 11:18 am:

Yes. I will have the rear mains done tonight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 10:54 pm:

No hurry just never heard back

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 10:54 pm:

Nice repair by lock n stich

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration