Found on CL Sioux City early frame and axles

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Found on CL Sioux City early frame and axles
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Monday, November 27, 2017 - 01:13 pm:

I am not connected to this... just thought someone here might move on this...

https://siouxcity.craigslist.org/pts/d/model-frame/6375337781.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, November 27, 2017 - 01:43 pm:

Wes -Thanks for posting! Sure looks like a good "start" for someone! Hard to tell from the pictures, but if that set of four "demountable" are useable, I'm thinking that there's a pretty good chunk of the value for the $450 right there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Monday, November 27, 2017 - 01:59 pm:

Well I emailed him if he still has it. I'm 700 miles away, but could use the frame for my 13 run about as mine is bent bad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trent Boggess on Monday, November 27, 2017 - 04:36 pm:

This is a frame from a 1913 touring. The giveaways to its age and body style are the two “L” brackets attached to the frame about where the rear doors would be on the body. These brackets were another one of Ford’s attempts to shore up the rear half of the body on 1913 touring cars.

These brackets are not all that common.

Respectfully submitted,

Trent Boggess

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, November 27, 2017 - 06:35 pm:

Looks like a T that ended its days as a trailer. This one is in great shape and not done in like a lot of T trailers you see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 07:11 am:

Riveted rearend and both taper-leaf springs are worth something too

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 10:37 am:

Considering the price and what's included, 700 miles would not stop me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Elliott on Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 11:06 am:

I believe that the frame is a truck by the size of the rear spring and cross member. The location of the rear radius rods also say this is a truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer Medford, Or on Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 11:15 am:

Not a truck. Definitely a 13 touring frame front axle appears to be later

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 12:12 pm:

I don't know about the axle, but I see tapered front spring leaves, over-the-axle perches, and a speedometer-era spindle arm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel Indiana Truck Logansport In on Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 02:23 pm:

I could use some springs and the rear end from this. If Benjamin didn't get it let me know if someone here got it and would sell me some parts. I e-mailed the guy and he said it is sold.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer Medford, Or on Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 07:36 pm:

In my opinion that was a heck of a buy. Good 13 frame has to be worth most of the asking price then springs, rear axle housings, and front axle assembly,( I was wrong in previous post about front axle, it does appear to have early perches) and drag link. Lots of good parts. Bob I emailed him also of course it was sold, probably before we ever saw it on this forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 11:24 pm:

I told the seller I wanted it. Just had to get time off work for a few days to get it. Really really really needed most of it.

After waiting over a day he finally replied. It was sold. Bummer..... Can't afford to pay top price for stuff, so I always am on the lookout for good deals like this. I'm still 25 years from retirement!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration