Getting ready for the parade

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Getting ready for the parade
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Monday, November 27, 2017 - 08:42 pm:

I'm working on our T this week to be ready for the local Christmas parade this Saturday. I have bushings ordered for the loose fan pulley. I made a shim out of a Sun-Drop can and tightened up the loose crank pulley. The rust stains from previous over heating will be scrubbed away.I flushed the system with CLR before I removed the radiator. I will flush the radiator thoroughly tomorrow.
If the car does well in the parade I plan to use it in a church function next weekend. We do a live drive thru nativity and I will drive thru, giving rides to anyone who wants to ride.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 05:50 pm:

I got the radiator, including a Christmas wreath and red bow, and hoses back on the car. The soda can shim worked. No more rattle from the crank pulley. Everything under the hood is clean again.Tomorrow I plan to change the oil. It will be the first oil change for the fresh motor. I probably have only 50 miles on it but I want to go ahead and change it. Is that crazy? I am getting quite a bit of transmission band debris from the new band linings in my oil screen and quite a bit of junk sticking to the magnet. I'm glad the screen and magnet are doing what they are supposed to do.

I put only water in it yesterday after putting the radiator back on, checking for leaks before putting antifreeze in. Sure enough, I have a small leak at the original radiator drain cock that I restored. I believe that I will disassemble it and lap it in like I did the valve on my sediment bowl, if it works that way. If the temps here don't take a sudden drop in the next couple of weeks I would like to run the car some and see if the system stays clear or if I need to flush it again. I doubt that my upholsterer is going to come thru for us and get the top on before Saturday. Who knows, he may show up tomorrow, ready to do the job. If not we will drive it as is. It will be easier for my rear seat passengers to throw candy with no top anyway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 07:12 pm:

Tommy

very glad you're on the road and enjoying your car. You really had a baptism by fire and you came out OK...good for you.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration