Old Photo - Brass Era - Taking The Ladies For A Drive

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Brass Era - Taking The Ladies For A Drive
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 08:28 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 08:46 am:

Nice pic Jay. Looks like a '14 with maybe "overlapping" '13 sidelights? I don't see the integral mounting bracket typical to '14 plus they have the jewel in the back, that I don't think the majority of '14s had. Henry's "don't waste a thing" plan. I remember an old H.S. buddy who worked at Ford in Lorain bemoaning to me of dumpsters FULL of "obsolete" AM/FM radios from model year change over going to the landfill. I bet Henry was spinning in his grave over that one!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 09:16 am:

The integral sidelamp brackets didn't appear until about May/June of '14, I believe.

I could be wrong, but I think only Browns had the jewel. The headlamps aren't Browns; a bit of additional evidence that the headlamp brand wasn't always the same as the side and tail lamps.

Hard to tell with certainty, but it looks like it has the aluminum crank handle, so that would make it a February or earlier car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 09:48 am:

How bout late 13. E @ J sidelamps also had the jewel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 11:02 am:

License plate says 1914.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 11:34 am:

I have a pair of Victor number 2s that have the jewel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 11:50 am:

Go Bulldogs!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 12:00 pm:

The Dodgers could "GO" if w had a manager. Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 12:06 pm:

Looks like some striping on the wheels. Note the correct style top cover.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 04:19 pm:

Appears to be an "early" 1914 style touring built between July and December 1913. It also has a speedometer, 1913 fenders, striped wheels, etc. It does have the '14 style windshield although some had the '13 style. Basically a 1913 with a 1914 style body built in calendar year 1913.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 04:33 pm:

It look's like brother and sister and mom.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration