26 Pickup Bed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 26 Pickup Bed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Clemens on Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 08:57 am:

I saw an earlier post where it was said that the early 26 pickup beds didn't have the two cross support pieces under the wood. Does anyone know if these can be added for extra support on these beds? I assume they can.

Also were there two different types of bed to frame rails - full length of the bed on each side where the bed bolts down to the vehicle? I am seeing two different ones in many of the pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 12:07 pm:

The early '26 beds had the front stake pockets up front like a '25. They moved them back about 10 inches later.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 12:56 pm:

Randy

Don't think any of the wood beds had supports under, just the metal strips that fit in saw kerfs of each bed board, then the center hump plate to secure the two inner bed boards, outer boards bolt to the metal curved sides of bed.

As for frame rails, the only difference is Model T and Model A beds.

Pair of Model T later beds, front stake pocket back from front edge.

Model A

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Clemens on Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 04:22 pm:

Thanks Larry, Dan. That helps a bunch. The other rail I was seeing was definitely Model A.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration