OT? - Not just in November, keep remembering the 'Salute to Service'

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT? - Not just in November, keep remembering the 'Salute to Service'
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 03:56 pm:

KISS on USO tour in Iraq.... Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/embed/5MtdIO23MKM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Anderson on Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 05:01 pm:

Brings a tear to my eyes every time I see this video. A big THANK YOU to all our Vets and those currently serving our great nation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 12:36 am:

We have a current member of the Army that had a horrific car accident on his way to work early one morning. He was forced off the freeway and rolled his car. He got out through the broken windshield and while trying to get his bearings a school bus came around the corner and hit him and drug him down the road.

His story made the local news. He is married and has a very young child. He has some brain trauma and will take a long time to rehabilitate.

When I saw the piece on the news I noticed he was wearing a Seahawk shirt. It touched both my wife and I she being a military brat. I called the tv station and got a hold of the reporter, and verified the facts. We offered our 50 yard line tickets to this solder and his wife. Candy, my wife is very connected with the Seahawks doing charity work so she called them and they came up with pregame field passes where he will be able to meet the players as they come out for pre game warm ups. This is for the Sunday Night game this week, Seahawks against the Eagles.

We were pleased to make this a special occasion for this brave solder and his wife. After all its the very least we could do to support our military. GO HAWKS!!!!!!

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 10:05 am:

That news piece was picked up here on a Portland station and I saw it. I was cooking dinner so wasn't really paying attention to the TV. But when I heard your name my ears picked up. I missed that part about the car accident, but saw and heard you and Candy. What a wonderful thing for you two to do!

: ^ )

Keith

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration