A thorough flush job

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: A thorough flush job
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 05:56 pm:

Some years ago I watched an old time mechanic/restorer derusting and flushing an engine block. I think it was a Lincoln V something. He used an air hammer with a very flat bit/chisel in it and "rattled" the block in certain places to jar loose rust inside. Any of you ever done that?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 06:23 pm:

No, and I don't intend to. All it takes is one thin spot in the casting and you'd be looking for a new block....

I've seen an old speedometer cable recommended, spun by an electric drill. That should knock a lot of crud out without resorting to a boil out tank.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 06:30 pm:

I expected this thread to be about toilets. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Anderson on Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 06:30 pm:

You could use a Needle Scaler to clean a block.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 09:16 pm:

I use a braided cable in a drill. It knocks a lot of stuff loose.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 09:54 pm:

fill the thing with evaporust and let it sit for a week

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration