FJ - Tow vehicle for sale in Arizona - 1996 F350 Pick Up Truck -, 7.3 PSD Centurion Dually - one family owned - :-)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: FJ - Tow vehicle for sale in Arizona - 1996 F350 Pick Up Truck -, 7.3 PSD Centurion Dually - one family owned - :-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 04:08 am:

This truck is currently located in Northeast Phoenix, AZ.

My tow truck of choice is the Ford first generation 7.3 Power Stroke Diesel in the F350 Dually Series ( 1995-1997 ).

They are hard to find- I have owned (3) over the years.

I just bought this one Monday - I am having my white one completely rebuilt by my mechanic so I really donít need this one.

But - this is the nicest one I have bought ..... :-)

Arizona Truck - Arizona Title - No Rust.

No blow by out of the oil filler cap - engine runs great.

This truck was owned by the same family since new.

It is a Centurion Conversion.

The factory window sticker - Centurion brochures - original owners manuals are included.

I just did a complete oil & filter change including the HPOP reservoir.

I dropped the rear differential cover - cleaned the ring & pinion - replaced the speed sensor on the top of the differential - installed 85/140 gear oil.

I dropped the pan on the automatic transmission - replaced the filter - completely power flushed the tranny w/ ( 20 ) quarts.

Equipped with:

7.3 PSD
E4OD transmission
4:10 rear differential
Factory tow & camper package
Full power door locks - windows
Custom interior
Timbren rubber load levelers on rear springs
Electric brake controller
Full bed liner
Receiver & fifth wheel hitches

Priced at $9800 -,not interested in any trades thanks anyway

Delivery possible

Give me a call @ 260-804-6695

FreighTer Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob from Nova Scotia on Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 08:30 am:

Those 7.3 diesels were incredible. We ran them in ambulances (E350 series). We flogged them mercilessly and they NEVER faltered. It will make a great truck for someone

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 11:35 am:

Thanks Rob,

I just looked in the classifieds & didnít see the thread.

I have to start watching where my IPhone takes me to post - I have a bookmark for the classifieds & thought I was posting there.

Thanks,

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan in Paso Robles on Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 12:46 pm:

Hello Jim

Wondering how many miles are on the clock?

Evan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Friday, December 01, 2017 - 08:21 am:

Hi Evan,

How are you doing ?

Nice to see you at Bakersfield Swap in April.

Hope to see you there again in the Spring.

It has 250,000 miles.

I went with my brother out to get it yesterday near Salome, AZ.

He drove it back to Phoenix.

I had a hard time keeping up with him.

I canít believe how tight the motor is - no smoke at all
out of the oil filler cap ....

I pulled the serpentine belt & tensioner & idler pullies yesterday for replacement,

Bought a new alternator for it too - gonna put that on it today
along with a new vacuum pump.

The plan is to put it into service if it doesnít sell.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis K Anderson on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 11:14 am:

Hey Freighter Jim what makes the Ford first generation 7.3 power stroke your choice.Thanks
Dennis
Maryville Tn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 11:54 am:

Dennis,

The predecessor was the 7.3 IDI of which I had two.

Ford put a lot of money & engineering in the first generation 7.3 PSD - they were truly ď Built Ford Tough ď.

With proper maintenance you can get a million miles or more
from those engines - the injectors & turbo & sensors are relatively cheap and easy for a do - it - yourself mechanic to service.

If you can find a one family owned crew cab dually with relatively low miles that has been properly maintained - you will get a dependable & relatively economical to maintain tow vehicle.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 09:30 am:

Well,

Sold my current F350 yesterday to a nice guy who drove up from about 85 miles away with his 5 year old son to pick it up.

Steven has been a Ford guy his whole life & has a few other 7.3 Power Stroke Diesels ..... :-)

He helped me empty out the truck bed & remove the shell to transfer to the ď new truck ď - I am keeping this F350 and putting it into service.

It was sad to seen the Green Beast drive away but it is going to a good home .... :-(

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Hoffer on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 07:28 pm:

I have one of these - a 1997 - and can tell you it is a great tow vehicle. Pulls like a freight train and is stable and comfortable on the road. My truck's Navistar diesel has a Gale Banks turbo and has proven to be dead nuts reliable. Mine has 90k on it so I can not comment on high mileage examples, but mine has been terrific!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration