Now Wait One Minute Dan K. - It Ain't Finished...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Now Wait One Minute Dan K. - It Ain't Finished...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 10:34 am:

Drove the Runabout to Thanksgiving dinner- beautiful weather!

Was dark when we got back. Those new headlight reflectors from Langs are superb! You can see in the photo how well a properly working original 6 volt lighting system works.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 11:00 am:

Not T related, but I had a 1949 Chevy (forgive me) pickup with all original 6 volt wiring/lights. That pickup had the BRIGHTEST headlights of any vehicle I've ever owned, including modern ones. Driving down a country lane at night was like having 747 landing lights!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 12:20 pm:

6590BQ- money well spent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 05:35 pm:

Tim, We have our eye on this weekend. We've had a lot of rain this week, so we might be driving this weekend if they don't lay salt down before the weekend gets here, and if the roads are completely dry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Claverie, Memphis TN on Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 06:37 pm:

Do the Halogen bulbs offer any improvement?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 06:47 pm:

Peter, the halogens are not worth it. As you can see in my photo the 6 volt bulbs work just as well. All too often guys "up grade" when the original set up is not working because the old reflectors are no good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Chady on Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 07:28 pm:

I agree, the new reflectors work very well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 09:19 am:

They look good. As compared to silver plating, it would seem vacuum metallized aluminum is the Kevlar of headlamp reflectors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Monday, December 04, 2017 - 10:42 am:

If there were kevlar reflectors available folks would buy them and then post how you would be crazy not to be using them...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration