Pre T trivia

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Pre T trivia
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 06:47 pm:

I've seen an early (1903) Model A with a low serial number listed as being the oldest Ford car. But I believe that the original Quadricycle is is the Henry Ford museum. Why is it not the oldest? Just wondering.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Saggese on Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 07:01 pm:

Likely a distinction between the Ford the man and Ford the company. The quadricycle was also not a production vehicle, more like a prototype.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 08:08 pm:

But Henry did sell it to and later had to buy it back. According to Wikipedia:

Production 18961901

"Ford sold his first Quadricycle* for $200 in 1896 to Charles Ainsley. He later built two more Quadricycles: one in 1899, and another in 1901. He eventually bought his first one back for $60.[1] (according to Ford Museum records)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Quadricycle

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 08:28 pm:

Tommy, first Ford Motor Company car, vs. first Henry Ford car. Good point that he did actually sell his first car. I believe his second or third, or Detroit Motor Company car still exists, off display at THF too. There is some confusion about that..

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration