Old photo - new remake

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old photo - new remake
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Chady on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 11:00 am:

Here's another one I had done. The people in my community love seeing how things have changed and have really taken to me driving around in my T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 11:57 am:

Great to see that elegant street level entry unchanged, sad to see the uglificatiion of the rest of the building. Another boring box.

These are fun to see, John, you're doing a good thing here, "revisiting" the past in your T !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john pawlowski - NE Pennsylvania on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 12:09 pm:

John, would you know where Black Hawk tavern was?
Hotel Fort looks to have been demolished and incorporated into the other building. It is great when there is a photographic history for a then and now moment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Chady on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 12:59 pm:

The tavern was inside of Hotel Fort and is still inside as of today. It closed about a year ago and will soon be remodeled into more senior citizen housing.

This building is just a box, but it has gone through many changes throughout its life. I think Hotel Fort was actually remodeled 3 times before the 20's.

What I think is funny about taking these photos is that people will let you do anything. I was standing in the middle of the intersection to get this photo and all the drivers just sat there waving and smiling.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 03:01 pm:

Looks like Hotel Fort was demolished with the windows now all lining up and the foundation portion gone. Senior housing with a Tavern - only in Wisconsin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 03:13 pm:

Judging by the mis-alignment of the floors in the Hotel Fort and the other building, I think the corner building was torn down and the current one built on the site, tied into the other building.
Very cool now & then pics!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 03:27 pm:

Is it just me, or are the double doors in the hotel in the first picture six feet above ground level?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 03:39 pm:

Searching for the Black Hawk Tavern I fond this series of images:

hotelAnime.

It shows why the doors are so high.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Chady on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 03:52 pm:

I always thought the same thing about the old doors. Whats the link for those images you found?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 04:18 pm:

John,

Go to http://oldenfort.blogspot.com/2013/04/how-do-i-get-to-green-mountain-house.html

Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 04:38 pm:

Back the car up to the building on the right side ... and find a touring car and you have it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Chady on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 04:45 pm:

My wife won't let me buy a car to match each photo I replicate. I tried, the excuse didn't work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 05:36 pm:

John - Was faced with a similar problem several years ago! Wife told me,...."We have a problem,.....we have three Model T's, but we have four sons!" I said to her,....."I'll work on that!" So,....after careful consideration of a couple possible ways to handle that problem, I can tell you that we STILL have four sons, and we now have four Model T's! (:^) (;^)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john pawlowski - NE Pennsylvania on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 06:47 pm:

Harold, your wife is very understanding my wife not so much. For me to get another car I need to get rid of my other cars. The woman is cruel.
John C keep your photos coming. Very enjoyable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 07:57 pm:

Well, if the 1929 drawing is accurate, it went through one more modification that brought the windows all in alignment, and added a third layer of windows to the building on the right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 08:18 pm:

The building on the right looks like the same building, but the one on the corner looks like it was torn down and reconstructed sometime between 1915 and 1929.
Norm

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration