Clutch shift ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Clutch shift ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 12:19 pm:

Besides pinning the
Dog arms that hold on the bronze shift collar
Are there other ways to secure them to the saft
Just wanted see what others have done

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 02:53 pm:

On the early collars, the arms are held in place with two bolts and keys on the shaft. The shaft is machined so the bolts pass thru the scalloped area to hold the forks in place, along with the keyways. Its a bit overkill since I have used only the bolts with the scalloped recesses in the shaft and that seems to be enough.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 10:22 pm:

Richard i done the same on early hogs head but i'm redoing a 15 hogs head and short one pin
Guess i just order a pin seems all my ideas im not liking

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer --- Klaaswaal NL on Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 06:03 am:

Nevada ; this is what Richard mean.
0318M
Toon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Monday, December 04, 2017 - 12:04 am:

Donít forget to ensure the heads of the bolts are facing rearward when assembling the cover.

Otherwise there will be a bit of clutch finger to bolt smashing!

Alan in Western Australia

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration