True barn find

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: True barn find
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Honore Jason Pelafigue on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 06:44 pm:

pics. It's a 1928 model A which is all in pieces. And I was told the other one is 1924 Moded T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dodd on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 06:50 pm:

The A is 28 or 28 and the T looks like 26 or 27, but I will let the experts analyze the parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 06:52 pm:

Like striking gold !!! What fun ! Thank you for sharing the thrill of discovery. The Model T is an "improved" model, '26 or '27.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 06:53 pm:

try 30-31 model a and 26-7 t

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 07:04 pm:

The wheels on the Model A chassis may be 19" for the '30-31's, but the seven-tooth steering column with red steering wheel and curved-end bumpers tell me it's a 1928.
Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 07:09 pm:

Also, although the '28-29 hood and radiator shell in a pile could belong to some other car, I suspect they go with the chassis. The curved center portion of the metal top appears to be from a '28-29 Special Coupe. I think all these parts point towards a '28-29 Model A, and as mentioned, specifically a '28 because of the red steering wheel on the seven-tooth steering column. The wheels are easy to change; not so easy with the steering column and bumpers.
Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 07:13 pm:

Whatever you do,do not leave that CM chainfall!! USA made and there as good as they come! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 07:16 pm:

either 1 would be a fine project but that T would be my pick.Glad you found them before the scrap man did. Glad to see them get saved.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 07:33 pm:

Lots of assembly required.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 07:57 pm:

Yes, the T is a '26-'27 model. The A is interesting, definitely mostly '28. The chassis is early, with forged running board brackets and an equalizer on the brakes--but it also has the separate emergency brake. Hmmm. 'Also has the sprung front motor mount. The '28-29 features are everywhere: fenders, bumpers, and correct wheels in that pile of ??? .
the sheet metal make me suspect the Special Coupe, although it was a '29 body style. The spare tire bracket looks like a coupe one.
I hope you grabbed that grinding stone too!
That has to be one of the most disassembled barn finds I've seen! Well, I say that, and I did restore a '29 Briggs Blind Back sedan that was just pieces, no wood left in the main body at all, just the skin!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daren Carlson on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 08:11 pm:

Good thing she was on blocks. Saved the tires.

Almost

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 08:37 pm:

what are the plans for the stuff?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 08:46 pm:

My hat's off to you, David, for tackling such a daunting task as re-wooding a Model A Fordor! LOTS of wood in there and each piece needs to be trimmed and tweaked to fit. But doesn't all that new wood give a solid feel to the body and doors when they close? Wooden-bodied Sedans are so much quieter than their steel-structured counterparts. Too bad time and the elements were harder on those wooden-structured bodies than the steel-structured ones.
Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 09:05 pm:

Look at the goodies!
Like Bud said, I hope you able to get that chain-hoist and also what David said about that grindstone!
Is there more to the grindstone buried in the earth? A flywheel?
If able, I hope you grabbed everything that resembles automobile parts or machine tools!
Interesting dash in that T.
That little bugger looks good with those wheels but I am biased that way. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 09:06 pm:

Nice cowl gas tank and yellow engine.
The ammeter hole (right side) is small.
Guessing open car, early 26 runabout truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Honore Jason Pelafigue on Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 01:12 am:

Man you guy's or good. For just looking at pics. Thank you for the replies. The Model A is a 28. I have the title for it. I was told the Model T was a 24 truck. I will post better pics. of them out of the barn. I have two door's an a hood for the T, but that's it. I have the cab an door's along with everything else for the A. As for the CH chain- hoist. He would not let it go. His father was in the Air Force. And that's where it came from. The grinding stone, I will have to go back an ask for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 02:33 am:

Marshall,
I was a LOT younger then! Yes, the body, once done was very solid. I thought I would end up doing some more--I had a 30 Briggs standard Fordor body I salvaged out of an old dump-canyon that still had most of the hardware on it, but things changed, and I sold it to a fella that was going to bring it back, but I'll bet its still waiting, or has been scrapped. Shame after all the work we went to to drag it up the canyon to where we could get it on a trailer.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration