Newbie looking for experienced guidance

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Newbie looking for experienced guidance
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Raymond Claus on Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 06:10 pm:

I recently took delivery of my first model t (1917 roadster/pickup). I was wondering if any experienced T person living neat Culpeper Va. would be willing to spend a little time with me someday and give me a quick overview of the wonderful world or T,s.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 06:32 pm:

Here are the MTFCI clubs in Virginia:
(The Bumpass club is also connected with MTFCA)

kju

Maybe there are members close to you that can help?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 07:03 pm:

Raymond

welcome!
If you contact one or more of the above clubs you will undoubtedly find one or more members near you.

Best of luck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 07:36 pm:

I had to check a map to see where you was.IF you had been at the southern end of VA you could have got with some of the folks with Tarheel T's as the club is based out of Greensboro with tech sessions happening all up in that part of NC.I know it is was a 2.4 hour drive each way for me to get to the last tech session but it is a active club.

OF all the things to name a spot on the map in Virgina, "Bumpass"?
I bet it must be because of frequent rear end collisions at the towns only stoplight! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Raymond Claus on Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 07:43 pm:

Thanks Mack,

Iím actually moving to the Charlotte area in the spring. (Waxhaw). Plan to join Tarheel Tís when I get down there. I like your website.

Ray

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 07:47 pm:

Good luck and welcome to the club and site. Be sure to show us some photos of your new project.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni Fredericksburg, VA on Monday, December 04, 2017 - 08:10 am:

Hi Raymond. I'm in Fredericksburg near rt 17. I'm new as well but I've been reading a lot. I picked up a 26 Touring locally and have a lot of work to do on it. I'm sure you will see a post soon listing some books you should get. These guys on the forum are great and will help with most anything. I've got to pull my engine because of a transmission problem. I'm going to try to get it done before summer. However, I have two other old cars that need some trouble shooting before I get to the T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, December 04, 2017 - 12:32 pm:

I have a friend in West Virginia who is extremely knowledgeable on T's, especially the brass ones. It may be too far from you, I don't know. His name is Jim Lyons.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, December 04, 2017 - 01:05 pm:

It's great if you find somebody nearby to help out, but meanwhile you can start here:

http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG80.html

http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG79.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard, Fredericksburg Va on Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 06:11 am:

I'm in Fredericksburg too. I'm no expert, just a tinkerer with a '24 touring car. Is there something specific you are looking to learn?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wally Hunt on Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 10:40 am:

I live just down the road from Steve in Fredericksburg. I have seen a Model T before. I may be able to offer you some assistance

Wally Hunt
540-424-0212

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Raymond Claus on Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 11:25 am:

Thanks so much for all your responses. I have already purchased all the manuals that have been suggested. Saturday was such a beautiful day I started the T and decided take it around the block. Things went well until I got back and decided to back into the driveway. Somehow it got stuck in gear. Thank goodness for a couple nice people passing by that stopped and help push it back into the garage. Parking break works but when the lever is pushed forward in the neutral position it will not free roll. The left pedal appears to move as it should when the lever is cycled through neutral and high gear. Any thoughts?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 12:05 pm:

Raymond,

"...when the lever is pushed forward in the neutral position ..."

If you meant all the way forward, that is not neutral, it's high gear. With the stick straight up, (or somewhere approximately vertical), is neutral. Sometimes, depending on how well things are adjusted, the neutral range can be rather small and hard to find.

Welcome to Model T's!!!!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration