Cam Grinders?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Cam Grinders?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, December 04, 2017 - 09:25 am:

I'd like to know whether anyone can recommend a good Model T cam re-grinder. I know Chaffin's and Ford-n-More grind cams, but are there some other good options?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Monday, December 04, 2017 - 11:15 am:

Delta Camshaft in Tacoma, WA does my regrinds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Monday, December 04, 2017 - 11:21 am:

I use Scheinder Cams in San Diego

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Monday, December 04, 2017 - 11:51 am:

Every cam grinder will produce a cam that looks good. Its hard to find someone who re-grinds Model T cams properly. A properly re-ground T cam will produce better power. Try Specialty Machine in Plymouth, WI. They make new T cams and also properly re-grind T cams.

http://www.stipemachine.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Monday, December 04, 2017 - 12:29 pm:

Norfleet Machine in Dallas does a good job. I am running a cam they reground for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, December 04, 2017 - 01:18 pm:

Well, both Chaffins and Ford-n-more knows what they're doing, so no reason to risk it by going elsewhere?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrett on Monday, December 04, 2017 - 04:04 pm:

In the Dallas, Texas area as Ted said, Norfleet Machine does a fine job. I have one of his reground cams in use in my Model T now and doing fine. I have been to his shop and seen his operation. Very old school, but he's been in business a long time and knows what he's doing. Most everyone in the old car hobby in our area knows him. He has an amazing collection of cam profiles for just about anything with wheels on it.
Address: 8323 Hoyle Ave, Dallas, TX 75227
Phone: (214) 381-1177

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Mullins Spokane Wa. on Monday, December 04, 2017 - 04:34 pm:

Rick Carnegie of Strong engine who is associated to Antique Auto Ranch grinds most of the cams in the Montana 500 one of which I believe was in this years winning car also in my car none any better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, December 04, 2017 - 08:56 pm:

2X Rick.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Monday, December 04, 2017 - 09:22 pm:

I send all of mine to rick and I will be sending him another next week

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Michael Rogers on Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 07:10 am:

Probably could use some phone numbers for these.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robin Pharis on Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 11:10 am:

I've had really great success with Glenn Chaffin's reground camshaft. They perform very well,good in the hills good top end,no guessing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 11:46 am:

Our cams are designed to give you both a very good low end for climbing hills and an improved high end for high speed. They have been optomized for street driving and perform very well in the hills. My 1913 will climb a moderate hill in high gear while increasing speed and will go 50 MPH on the flats. That's too fast foe me in a Model T!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 05:49 pm:

Thanks for all the suggestions, Guys. I'll check them out.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration