What am I missing?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What am I missing?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john pawlowski - NE Pennsylvania on Monday, December 04, 2017 - 08:36 pm:

Hello All, hoping there is someone who can help. I bought these brackets a while ago.Haven't been able to install because I can't figure how to install. They are supposed to support the upper floor boards.Previous owner made aluminum brackets and they do the job but I'd prefer the originals.
So, What am I missing? How are these brackets installed? My T is a 1925 Roadster. Thanks John

floorboard brackets
Aluminum bracket left side

floorboard brackets
original replacement brackets

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, December 04, 2017 - 08:54 pm:

Not enough information to go on. What body are you using or style? The brackets would have been riveted to the firewall and rested on the wood sills. Your fire wall may not have the correct holes and with out a body installed may be hard to line them up correctly. (If you are using a stock open car body)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Monday, December 04, 2017 - 09:29 pm:

have a look:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 02:18 am:

Yep, they're floorboard raisers...they support both the upper and middle floor boards that the pedal plates mount too. The curved surface is what the interior panels butts against.

They install exactly the way Scott's pictures show.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 08:57 am:

I am not sure if this matters, but the new parts you show are not correct for 25. The 25 does not have the curved part for the upholstery panel and this part is fastened to the front of the body different. If you have a true 25 it is riveted to metal front part that is by the firewall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 09:15 am:

Here's a pic of the driver's side piece on the 1925 touring body that I bought a while back. :-)

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 09:20 am:

This older post has a very good picture of the late '25 all steel riser, it's straight and has two tabs that secure the lower edge of the cardboard kick panel.

View at Dec 17, 1:45pm post

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/22138.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 11:07 am:

What you have is not for a '25! Take a look at the photo Mark posted above. Notice the tabs to hold the cardboard kick panels in place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 12:24 pm:

A '25 body has no wood in the cowl area, it is a very different animal than the bodies made before '25. And of course, the '26 started a whole new body construction.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 12:27 pm:

Here's a picture of the passenger side:

pic

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration