Iola Wisconsin car show

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Iola Wisconsin car show
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Troy Todd on Monday, December 04, 2017 - 11:44 pm:

I searched the site and found some info on the swap meet. Has anyone entered an early car there? I have a few friends that have been bugging me to take my 1912 Maxwell to this show. I'd really like to see some pics of the older cars there. Most places I go I'm pretty out of place. It's 6 hours one way for me or I'd just drive a regular car there and check it out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, December 04, 2017 - 11:57 pm:

Your Maxwell won't be out of place. There are always plenty of prewar cars along with the more modern ones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Troy Todd on Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 12:39 am:

There are a lot of them there. Thanks for posting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 11:30 am:

The first picture Steve posted above is the unrestored '23 Roadster formerly owned by Chet Krause, founder of Old Cars Weekly. The second picture is my '14 Touring.

Todd, I think you'll enjoy the Iola event and I'd encourage you to go. You should apply to be in the Blue Ribbon section where the earlier cars are displayed.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Troy Todd on Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 02:16 pm:

Thanks for the replies. I'll check into the show more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 11:03 pm:

Just a "Tid-Bit" of information and something I'm very proud of. Back around the mid 70's or a little earlier, myself, Joe Perrizo and Chet Krause (in the back of Chet's printing building), discussed, talked about and planned on putting on a car show in Iola. Chet insisted on taking care of the chicken and Joe and I put together the very first Iola Car Show in a over-grown hay field. I had a National Show Wining 1928 Roadster Pick Up (black piece of glass), man I never did that again !!! We all never dreamed the Iola Car Show would ever take off like it did and look where it's at now ??? Years later I ran into Chet at Rawhide Boys Ranch, he was around 90 yrs. old at that time. Not only remembered me but remembered the conversation we 3 had on getting the car show off the ground. It was a lot of work but we must have done something right because look where it's at now !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daren Carlson on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 08:07 am:

IOLA is great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Troy Todd on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 01:10 am:

Does anyone know if you must attend all days if entered? It looks like you have to enter Thursday morning and stay until Saturday night.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Jorgensen, Batavia, IL on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 08:59 am:

They prefer that you stay all days if your in the blue ribbon section, but I don't believe it is a requirement. The pre WWII section is free, and you need not stay all days. They have a web site that should describe the event, www.iolaoldcarshow.com, also phone, 715 445 4000.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Troy Todd on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 10:49 am:

Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 11:29 pm:

Boy, that is one sharp looking '16-'17 Chevrolet 490 Touring!
I will have to get up there one of these years!

Cheers,
Willis

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration