ALERT !!! Martynn Vowell

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: ALERT !!! Martynn Vowell
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 06:41 pm:

Please wish Good Karma for Martynn Vowell and his wife. They were evacuated from the Creek Fire at 5am this morning CalTime. They are safe but home is close to the fire. They didn't have time to get much stuff out .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 06:56 pm:

Im sorry to here that...good karma has to come his way, hes a nice guy. GOOD LUCK MARTIN!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 07:17 pm:

Prayers going out to them and all those affected. What an awful thing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 07:40 pm:

George
Thanks for the alert. I wish Martin and his family well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 08:07 pm:

Martin -- prayers for you, the family, and your home. Also to others in that area.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 08:28 pm:

I hope it turns out well for him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 08:39 pm:

My wife was just telling me about the Santa Ana winds and fires a few minutes ago. I had not heard before that, but we were wondering who among our model T friends may have been affected, and how much?

Those winds are rough, we have experienced them ourselves a few times. To have a fire coupled with them can be disastrous!
We hope Martin and all our model T and antique automobile friends in the area come out okay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Brett, Oak Park, Calif. on Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 09:41 pm:

Martin- I lived in Shadow Hills when I was a young lad- Not far from you....Fire was always a nightmare in that area of the east SFV and I pray for you and yours that things will turn out well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 09:54 pm:

BREAKING UPDATE George Clipner JUST spoke with Mart. His house just nearly got missed. Four houses at the end of the street were caught in a windtunnle effect and burned to the ground. They were able to go up to the house but had to walks they were able to pick a few extra things. They are spending the night in Casa de Saturn. They are safe, house safe T safe. Mart will post pics as soon as he finds a 'puter to get on.

ALSO just found out That Larry Blair aka Loco Larry of Tin Shed is in the hospital from a stroke. Prayers here are warranted also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 10:45 pm:

Eric Sayer was evacuated this afternoon, have not heard an update yet.

Last night we evacuated our horses from the ranch we board at west of Santa Paula; the fire was burning across the road while we were loading the horses; flames were huge. We were the last to make it out with horses from Aliso Ranch. The barn, stables and ranch house made it, as did the remaining horses as they were turned loose in a large arena with water turned on them. The fire burned to the entrance of the ranch, jumped it and burned the far side down to the arena with the horses. All made it ok. Our horses are at the Ventura Fairgrounds; all large animal emergency shelters are full now. It's pretty crazy.

(Message edited by modeltbarn on December 05, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 11:41 pm:

I heard today that Eric Sayer and his family have also been evacuated. Eric is not a regular forum member but he is a MTFCA Board member. His wife, Jennifer is the Granddaughter of Ben Yumori

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Wednesday, December 06, 2017 - 12:28 am:

Just received this from Eric
“Alive we are at Jen's cousins but things at our house didn't look good”
Keep them in your thoughts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Wednesday, December 06, 2017 - 07:41 am:

Prayers on the way,for every one affected.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, December 06, 2017 - 07:43 am:

I ain't much on karma, but I do believe in prayer, and will do so for those involved.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Wednesday, December 06, 2017 - 12:50 pm:

Just awful. Hoping for the best for all affected.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Bishop, San Diego on Wednesday, December 06, 2017 - 03:32 pm:

Having grown up in the LA area, I've been through a few of those in my 70 years. In 2003, we owned 3 homes.......one east of LA, one in Lake Arrowhead, and one in San Diego. Because of two separate fires, we were evacuated from all 3 homes at the same time, and ended up in a shelter.
My thoughts and wishes go out to everyone affected, Model T and non-Model T families. Just take care of your families! They can't be replaced, everything else can.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Wednesday, December 06, 2017 - 03:51 pm:

I wrote Eric again this morning;

“Have you been allowed to the property yet, they were very slow at letting us return.”

He replied about 9 am

“Nope it's still on fire“

Keep them in your thoughts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Bishop, San Diego on Wednesday, December 06, 2017 - 04:38 pm:

Tony,
I texted them this morning and received an "undeliverable" message back! Tried a couple of more times, same thing.
Is that because the cell towers might be down, or his message box is full from all of us messaging him?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Wednesday, December 06, 2017 - 05:44 pm:

Geez, I hope everyone is okay. Prayers and thoughts to all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, December 06, 2017 - 05:46 pm:

One never knows just what will happen when these fires come. When I was in my late teens, about 1953, our family owned a cabin in Big Santa Anita canyon. There was a fire which burnt about 100 cabins. A shed right in back of our cabin burnt and a pine tree next to the shed, but our cabin and the ones on each side of it were not burned. There were no firefighters there. Is in an area where you must hike in to get there.

Here in 2003 we had a fire in San Diego county which traveled about 40 miles in one night. It started near Julian and was it the edge of San Diego by morning. Then the wind shifted and it came south right toward Alpine where we live. We had to evacuate and were gone 3 days. When we came home we found the fire had come 100' from our home but did not burn it or any neighbors near us. Other parts of the town were not so fortunate.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn - Lincoln, NE on Wednesday, December 06, 2017 - 06:54 pm:

I just spoke with Eric on the phone, his family is still evacuated but he has been able to return to the property. He has no damage but he is worried about looters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 07:25 am:

Looters.

It wouldn't take me long to come up with a suitable punishment for THAT. You can't get much lower than taking advantage of people who are already in such a bad situation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 10:20 am:

During Dearborn's Great Flood of '47, during which Henry Ford passed away, the Chief of Police issued a "shoot on sight" order to his officers if they spotted looting. Ain't happening today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 10:56 am:

Not only will California have major rebuilding to do because of all the fires but they will also have to put up with mud slides during the up coming rainy season because of no vegetation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 01:55 pm:

I texted Eric this morning. He replied that they are all still alright but cannot return to their home as the fire is still too close.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration