LATEST pics from Martynn Vowell.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: LATEST pics from Martynn Vowell.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Wednesday, December 06, 2017 - 12:00 am:

https://www.facebook.com/martynn.vowell/posts/10210112790528878?notif_id=1512535 372317316&notif_t=close_friend_activity

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Wednesday, December 06, 2017 - 12:36 am:

Praying for all our Model T family again that are in danger of loosing their homes to wildfires.

Looks like Martynn may just have survived so far. more wind and fire tomorrow.

Haven't heard how Eric Sayer and his family are since they evacuated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Wednesday, December 06, 2017 - 11:09 pm:

I truly cannot fathom the fires along with that kind of wind. And just down the street...
Praying for all of you out there.
This year has been a bear-cat for too many of you out west.
Thank you for posting this George.
Even if you don't do facebook (I do not), that link may work for Martynn's chilling photos and narrative.
Not fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 01:55 pm:

Gene:
There's a fire burning right now (12/7, 10:55am) a couple of blocks away. Looks like behind The Newland House at Beach & Adams. Lots of smoke and ash here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 03:31 am:

Yes Sean I was on the corner and the smoke so dark I couldn't see the signal. Next to me across the street from the fire was a palm tree that was smoking from an ember. Before the light changed a guy came over and tried putting it out with a dry chem extinguisher but the wind was blowing it all away. A young lady showed up from the mex café with a pan of water. This was behind the bank on the SW corner Beach and Adams.

I heard some homeless people live in that park which is not maintained and Had lots of overgrowth. Probably started from a camp fire.

Guess the childcare will be closed a few days for repair.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 05:45 pm:

That's not much of a park back there. More of a trail where kids like to ride their bikes. And yes, there are the homeless. I just drove by and with all the brush that is back there, I'm amazed how little actually burned considering how thick the smoke was. The boys did a stellar job puttin' that one down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sayer on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 08:31 pm:

We are surviving, still evacuated. As many of you may or may not know the Thomas fire is over 135,000 acres, it surrounds our properties 80 percent of the way. So far everything is still standing. Fires have been extremely close. We are blessed. We have our two girls and we are safe with a place to stay, so many are way worse off with nothing and nobody. The Ojai Valley Community has pulled together saving livestock and pulling people out. I've came back every day since evacuated to check on things and see how I can help. Keep praying for us all. I'll keep you posted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 09:03 pm:

Just heard from Mart and they have let back in to their homes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 02:57 pm:

Thanks for the update Eric and George

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration