Old Photo - New remake, City Park, Fort Atkinson

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - New remake, City Park, Fort Atkinson
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Chady on Wednesday, December 06, 2017 - 05:37 pm:

This was a difficult one to duplicate and it's still not right. I need to get further away for the shot so the trees are smaller. Plus this one I edited a lot to make it look like the colorized postcard. I'm pretty happy with the result but will do again next year. It's funny how no one looked at me weird when I was driving my car across the park.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john pawlowski - NE Pennsylvania on Wednesday, December 06, 2017 - 09:44 pm:

John C,What did you use as markers to say that this is the same area in the park as the postcard?
Very interesting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Chady on Wednesday, December 06, 2017 - 10:14 pm:

If you look to the left of the car, there is a fountain (which is now in a different park in town). That along with the building behind (which is no longer there) were key items to determine which way to park the car. I also found some old maps/aerial images that showed the ditch thru the park. What looks like a sidewalk that Im on is actually whats left of the old road that went through the park. Im pretty certain I have the car in the correct spot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Chady on Wednesday, December 06, 2017 - 10:17 pm:

I have a few more images of Model T era cars in this park that I want to duplicate next year. I share all these on Forts Facebook page and get rave reviews there as well. The hard part is finding enough images to duplicate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Chady on Wednesday, December 06, 2017 - 10:50 pm:

Heres the fountain and the building in the background.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 08:25 am:

Park

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration