The New Vintage Ford

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: The New Vintage Ford
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 12:58 am:

Wow! What a great cover!

Rich has come up with another winner. My favorite detail is the tourist with the 116 Kodak.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 02:38 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / St. Croix Valley Mn on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 07:51 am:

Yes, another great painting by Mr. Eagle.
Steve...the camera in the painting looks like my Kodak Brownie Target Six-16 which is from the Ď40ís. Perhaps Richard can enlighten us on this detail.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 07:55 am:

1929 plates on Touring

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 07:58 am:

Yeah, that camera was introduced around 1933. But maybe those people are driving old cars and the camera was new. :-) The brownie cameras of the 1920s were a more simple design. Usually the black pebble finish leatherette.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni Fredericksburg, VA on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 07:58 am:

Where's mine!!!! I Want I Want!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 08:30 am:

Beautiful cover thanks for posting it for us all to enjoy.

Rich, Thanks for sharing your talent with our hobby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Jensen on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 08:44 am:

My favorite Vintage Ford cover so far! Is there a way to get a print of the cover? Maybe some kind of fund raiser for the Museum?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / St. Croix Valley Mn on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 08:48 am:

Yes, I too would love to have that cover as a print.....count me in. That may be my all-time favorite cover!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 08:52 am:

Fantastic. Can't wait to get mine!! Wish I had HALF as much artistic talent. Heck, I can't even draw a straight line with a ruler!! Ha ha. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 09:14 am:

This is yet another display of Richard's tremendous talent. Thanks,Rich.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 09:26 am:

I especially like the Minnie Pearl hat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan in Paso Robles on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 11:04 am:

Looks like the ghost of Buffalo Bill Cody with his daughter Irma in the touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 11:15 am:

OT - I don't know if Buffalo Bill ever drove a T, but he did drive a 1909 White Model O Steam car:

bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 11:35 am:

From the Idaho plate on the green touring car, Rich dated his painting in 1929. If that's Col. Wm. F. Cody, he looks pretty good for a guy who's been dead twelve years !

Some anachronism is part and parcel with artistic license. What a wonderful image Rich has created here !! Can't wait to get my copy !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Kowalczyk - Nampa Idaho on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 11:36 am:

Rich,

Your talent and imagination are outstanding, thanks for sharing.

Special, Thank You for selling me the 1923 Idaho License plate.

Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 11:48 am:

Rich, Thank you for this wonderful painting!

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 11:59 am:

I must be the only one who doesn't get 'Vintage Ford" anymore. I quit the club back around 2007 because I thought the publication was severely lacking content. It was stuffed full of ads and marginal by way of quality photo's and technical info. It was mostly black and white too compared to the Times. Has it changed? How does it compare to the "Times"? JMO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 12:05 pm:

We are very fortunate that Rich shares his talents with the MTFCA and Vintage Ford.

A very limited number of cover flats (cover art not folded, no staples) are available for sale through the MTFCA. Ready for your framing.

Cost is $15.00 including postage for mailing in the US.

If interested, send an email to: admin@MTFCA.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Doris, AZ on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 12:40 pm:

Rich, When I looked at the cover of the new Vintage Ford, my first thought was what a nice detailed painting, noted the 1929 Idaho license plate, next I see R. Eagle í17! Incredible work!

The character in the touring looks akin to Buffalo Bill or the late Tuff McGowan of Custer, Idaho.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 04:02 pm:

Thanks folks. The camera is a Target Six-20. I don't know how it relates to the other models. Vern recognized the Minnie Pearl hat. I just detached the price tag. I had been doing some Buffalo Bill sketches but the hat belonged to my Aunt Betty in the '40's. My black bear pictures were of a smaller bear but Dennis Seth convinced me that one large enough to peer into a Touring should be believable.

17cvrx2

Many of us are encouraged and motivated by forum discussions. Several suggested I do a cover painting. Susan and Aleesa were very good to work with in making this happen.

The painting is double the size it appears on the cover. I set up some models to get the perspective where I wanted. Some forum participants sent me some detail photos of their '26-'27 cars and the Coupe was worked up from mine and others.

I anxiously awaited the magazine. But I was so impressed by the articles within I almost forgot my painting was on the cover. The Vintage Ford continues to be a great magazine. Many others do much behind the scenes to make it wonderful.

Again Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 04:23 pm:

Going through Yellowstone in the '50's we often counted 25 or so bears on the 30 miles between West Yellowstone and Old Faithful. Several pictures of them pop up now and then. Things do change.

This shows some detail:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 07:57 pm:

Rich-
Your artwork on the cover of the Vintage Ford is beautiful!

Even my wife pick up the magazine and admired your work.

I love your attention to detail. Well Done.

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 08:59 pm:

That camera man looks a lot like the esteemed Jerry Kramer to me .....:-)

But that donít look like Miss Kim and I donít see Cosmo .....

Jerry has some explaining to do .... :-)

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john pawlowski - NE Pennsylvania on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 09:04 pm:

Keeping my fingers crossed that I receive my magazine soon! I'm so jealous.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 08:01 pm:

Rich,

What a great painting! And thank you so much for taking the time to create it for the cover!

And thank you to Aleesa our editor and all those that do so much to support and help our club.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 11:58 pm:

Richard,
I haven't gotten my magazine yet, but what I see here on the forum looks fabulous! Typical of your work!
David D.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john pawlowski - NE Pennsylvania on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 08:48 pm:

Hello All, received my copy of The Vintage Ford today. Not to be redundant, but cover is spectacular. So much going on without need of explanation. Beautiful work. .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 10:26 pm:

Received my frame ready print today from the MTFCA, thank you Rich and Susan, I'll have it framed tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 11:08 pm:

Susan,

Are there cover flats available for purchase for all Vintage Ford magazines or only certain issues?

Thank you,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 06:49 am:

Beautiful work Richard. I am always amazed and inspired by your talents.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 11:37 am:

Willis, we do have cover flats for most issues of the Vintage Ford going back to 2004. A single issue is shipped for a total cost of $15.00, including postage and handling.

If you noticed in the Nov-Dec issue, we are currently offering a special this month where you can get 10 cover flats for $10.00, plus shipping & handling. Those would be a random selection of covers, not a specific issue.

Hope that helps. If you have any other questions, feel free to email or phone me:
susan@mtfca.com
765-373-3106

Thanks!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration