Horn Identification

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Horn Identification
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Perkins on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 11:02 am:

Found this horn on a wrecked Model T. What model is it and can it be rebuilt? If so, any rebuilder contacts will be most appreciated. I have a 1926 Roadster I would like to put it on.Horn Parts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 11:08 am:

Mark, I'm too inexperienced to comment on this horn.
When I pull an engine or other part from a car in a junk yard, I will typically get a photo of the car that I pulled it from and even jot down the VIN to help identify the part. So, I imagine if you posted info about the wrecked T it might help, assuming it's original, since we all know that T parts never get swapped around (insert poker face here.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 11:11 am:

It is not a Model T horn, nor is it for a '26!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 11:39 am:

Wile it is not a Ford horn it would work. As far as who made it, a good cleaning should show that, maybe unless there was a tag that has been lost. It is a battery horn. Looks to be in good shape. The points might need dressing but other then that, unless wire is broken or terminals are shorting out, should make a nice addition to your T. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration