Model T & Forum purpose?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Model T & Forum purpose?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 11:44 am:

Model T & Forum purpose?

I've been wondering about the nature of all the fine people on this forum since before I joined.

So, here you are, on the forum and maybe you actually own a Ford Model T but why?
1) Are you here because you are restoring a daily driver?
2) Are you in the restoration business and supply parts to others? Have a business card to share?
3) Do you collect Ford Model T's?
4) Do you purchase a T and then part it out?
5) Are you here because old cars are a financial investment?
6) Do you peruse the forum because you are a history buff?
7) Do you post only to give official announcements?
8) Are you here because you inherited a Model T?
9) Did you get involved here originally because your friends had Model T's?
10) Do you provide a service to the community?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 11:48 am:

1. maintaining an original, driver
2. yes, but limited
3. yes, four
4. no
5. no, because generally they are not
6. yes, one reason
7. no
8. no
9. my father did
10. no, unless a neighbor needs help, and anyone in about 50 miles is a neighbor (which is less than you'd think)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 11:51 am:

1/3/6/
that pretty much sums it up for me,Plus most everyone here is real nice!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 11:53 am:

I'm a "3", but to a smaller extent also a "1" and a "6".

I can also add that the Forum is interesting and informative and kind of addictive too.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 12:02 pm:

Number 8..
and number 11 which you didn't mention.

11. Do you have a Mental disorder?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 12:08 pm:

-Vern-
Besides tapping into the volumes of knowledge, you've missed the 'social aspect' as part of your list. There have been many friends made, some who have been met in person, and others still to meet. Suspicions are, many would identify as much with that point as any other.
Take Care; Behave; "Don't Shoot!" (and)
"Happy T-ing!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 12:10 pm:

-Answering-
#1-3-6-7-8-#10 is 'retired'....
Take Care; Behave; "Don't Shoot!" (and)
"Happy T-ing!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 12:15 pm:

1. No
2. No. No.
3. Well, sorta. Does 2 count?
4. No, that's sacrilege.
5. Hardly, if you're time is worth anything at all to you.
6. Well, I'm a history buff, but that's not the reason I peruse the forum.
7. No.
8. No, I only inherited an appreciation for old stuff.
9. No, probably the opposite.
10. You should probably ask the community. Some would certainly tell you no. Others? Who knows?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 12:15 pm:

I go with Keith's 2nd sentence.
I learned about the Creek fire which is 5 miles from where I grew up and where my sister and brother still live.
I learned about the fire extinguisher recall and now have 3 new fire extinguishers.
I get "introduced" to a number of very nice people.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gus on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 12:20 pm:

1) No
2) No
3) No
4) No
5) No
6) No
7) No
8) No
9) No
10)No

11) Because you simply love Model T's and have been fascinated with them your whole life? - Yes
12) Because you hope to learn enough about Model T's to maybe purchase one someday? - Yes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 12:46 pm:

I own two T models and one TT and love rusty stuff. I check out this forum at least once a day for the comedy and I keep hoping to eventually get a final answer as to whether I need a water pump and what oil to use. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 12:48 pm:

1 No
2 Yes some
3 guess so
4 No
5 Heck no
6 Yes
7 No
8 No
9 NO!
10 Yes
I have had an interest in old stuff; cars, trains, OLD mechanical things and antiques in general etc as long as I can remember.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Billy Vrana Kewaskum wi on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 01:13 pm:

I'm in with Fred's #11 mental disorder, found out its hereditary, got it from my uncle Joe,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 01:24 pm:

#3 & #6
Hopefully also #10

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lew Morrill on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 02:30 pm:

I was introduced to the Model T by my 8th grade teacher. One summer I helped him work on a 1927 4 door and he taught me to drive it. What a thrill for a 12 year old kid. A really rough T showed up in my price range some years later. I bought it and rebuilt a huckster wagon over about 9 years from the parts. This was in the 1980's. Sold the car in 1993 and got my money back. All the work was free of course but I learned a lot and enjoyed it. Recently a friend acquired a 25 touring car that was an older restoration but hadn't run for at least 15 years. He knew nothing about model T's. I had a lot of fun using my T knowledge and experience to get his running and teaching him how to drive it. I think the T is too primitive a car for modern roads and traffic so I wouldn't want another. In spite of that, I really enjoy the forum and especially like the old photo's and stories that are posted by the forum members.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 03:03 pm:

I'm only here for the chicks...... LOL

And anyone who answers yes to #5 is nuts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 03:34 pm:

1) NO
2) NO
3) Do you collect Ford Model T's? YES
4) NO
5) NO (but it would be nice if they were!)
6) NO (but I like the history posted here all the same)
7) NO
8) NO
9) YES - in fact I really did not like Ts and thought they were junk - until I met friends who had them - now I have 1 and a second 'on the way'
10) Sort of - I am a member of the NZ Model T club and on its committee too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Chady on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 05:21 pm:

I'm on the forum so I can learn from all your mistakes before I work on mine!!! Except that never seems to work because all our issues seem to be slightly different.

I have always been a slight history buff, I live in a historic home and work for Ford so owning the oldest attainable Ford for me.

I like the T because it makes you slow down, take different routes, talk to people you wouldn't have etc. and lets you enjoy life.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 05:44 pm:

Additional questions

DO You actually own a model T.
Did You buy it to pick up Girls.
Do You plan on selling it for a profit.
Have You ever been committed to a Mental Asylum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bernie glass on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 05:47 pm:

hi 3-6-11 and its fun

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bernie glass on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 05:53 pm:

that's freds no I am taking about

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnH on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 05:58 pm:

Just before I bought my Model T, this forum was the source of knowledge that helped me decide what year model I should buy. Since the start of my learning curve just over 15 years ago, the forum has been invaluable for maintaining my car. There's just some things that the factory manual doesn't explain in a practical way.
The wealth of knowledge is invaluable. There's always someone here who will know the size of a thread, for example, or as I asked last week, what size the axle oil seal was.
Significantly, it has kept me up to date with all the new repro parts as they become available - things which I would have not known about otherwise. In particular, Bergs radiators, the E-Timer/I-Timer, and ECCT stand out as accessories I would never have known about.
I can always spot the T owner who doesn't use the forum, or even the internet. They work on their cars like it's still the 1980's, without the knowledge and parts that are now available.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leo van Stirum, NL on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 06:07 pm:

1 , 6 and definitely 11

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leo van Stirum, NL on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 06:10 pm:

I had hopes that joining this forum had some healing effect, like AA.... Not so, only worsened my case

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 06:10 pm:

Very interesting Vern!
3. No, not on purpose anyway. Never thought about it that way. :-)
I suppose since I have three here that run and drive (plus one or two more) I most certainly am tho. :-)
4. NEVER. Couldn't bring myself to do that.
5. Yep! IF my kids ever sell my stuff off after I'm gone. Then I'll stop by, in their dreams and call them gold diggers.
6. Perhaps. Some people think the past is the past and apparently should be forgotten.
I say how do we guess a future path without knowing where we've been.
8. Nope, but my kids will inherit this old junk. Eh hem, all of my treasures. :-)
My dad had a 30's Ford. "That damn thing never had any brakes."
I could've had more Fords. That 25 TT and a nice original A pickup. Water under that bridge.
Yet, he allowed me to pursue my interests without interfering and with help in finding oddball things for me.
Items too many to tell.
My Grandpa drove the pickup and trailer when we picked up my 29 IH truck from the junkyard. I was 13.
11. Yep, a disorder to try and force/allow old machines to continue living.
I do have forum addiction.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Skip Anderson, Bloomington, MN. on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 06:12 pm:

1. no
2. no
3. not anymore
4. never
5. only if the market failed
6. no
7. no
8. no
9. no
10. I did my service 50 years ago, now its more fun.
11. At my age I just enjoy life and hope for the best.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 07:23 pm:

I'll answer Jim Davis's:

Yes...3 of 'em.

Might as well have...cause it seems to draw 'em in

So far I have, so I guess so

I SHOULD be committed!

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / St. Croix Valley Mn on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 08:20 pm:

I read the forum because I love Model T’s. I have been a car nut since birth! My dad was a car salesman in the 50's, he brought home a different car every day. I would sit in the window and watch for him. When I was 10 or so a man across the alley from my grandparents had a Model T and a Model A in his yard. He let me play in them and I was hooked! I love any car with 1) tiller steering or a steering wheel; 2) four rotating tires; and 3) a seat for the driver. Pretty simple criteria!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 10:19 pm:

Ramblings of a old man, My Grandfather was a Mechanic and had a repair shop where he worked on model Ts, sold Archer Grain stock feed, chewing tobacco, & Gulf Gasoline and Kerosene, had two hand pumps one on each side of the dirt lane in front of his shop with the ten Gallon glass cylinder on top, I can remember as a Kid when some of the old German farmers drove their Model As in for gas and I would strain to reach the pump handle to pump up the gas, the handle seemed very high later I learned it wasn't high I was short at age 7. I remember riding into town with Him in His 36 Buick 3 on the floor, He would start rolling in 1st gear for a few feet shift into 2nd and go a few yards more and then bog it into 3rd gear with the old Buick shaking and moaning in protest, then line up the hood ornament on the center line of the road and off We went to buy Ice cream. My Aunt who just turned 94 remembers helping Him work on model Ts back in the late 20s and 30s and She is one of the reasons I decided to buy My first T So She could take a ride in one again for probably the last time, My Dad had a fleet of 1925 Model T panel trucks in Houston before the crash of 29, he used to do Hot Shot delivery, with sign's on the side, "Radio Messenger Service, Send it by Radio" I will post a picture of it if I can figure it out,cool old truck, I starting reading the Forum some time before I actually joined and bought my first T through contacts made here on the forum, still learning to drive my T and perhaps go on a tour sometime in the future, but would like to ride shotgun with some one first. Cold for Texas tonight in the 30s, but might be a heat wave for the folks up north ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 12:14 am:

As Vern asked:

So, here you are, on the forum and maybe you actually own a Ford Model T but why?

Well, I drive my Model T as often as I can and would drive it every day if the New Hampshire DMV would allow so, given the type of registration I have on the car.

2) Are you in the restoration business and supply parts to others? Have a business card to share?

I have tried to establish a small home business performing Model T repair. (Will fix Model Ts for food.)

I have five.

NO

"If you want to end up with a bit of money from old cars, start out with a lot of money."

I DO enjoy history in general and early automotive history.

Hah! I am about as unofficial as can be.

I inherited the affliction.

In 1967 it was decided to "wake up" the '23 TT which my Grandfather had put up on blocks in the barn back in 1948. He had bought it off the used car lot at the local Chevrolet dealer in 1930.

Dad didn't know much at all about Model Ts and asked around for anyone who could help and "coach". He found a semi-retired mechanic at the local Ford dealership who still put in a few afternoons each week rebuilding carburetors and manual transmissions. Ralph had started working at the Ford dealership in 1920 and had stayed there through all of the different owners.

Grandpa's TT was always kept in the barn. The original purchaser, a local business, always parked it in the factory at night. It was outside at night only during the time it was on the used car lot at the Chevy dealer. We thought that it was in decent shape. When Ralph came to the barn to help us get the TT running he walked around it for several minutes looking at this and that, but not uttering a word. We began to think that he was finding problems we weren't aware of. Eventually Ralph turned to us and said "I helped unload this truck from the railroad car when it was a new chassis".

Ralph was a deep well of Model T knowledge and had so many stories to share. He got his last ride in the TT. We carried his casket from the church to the cemetery.

I bought my first vehicle, a '24 TT chassis, in 1970 at the age of 16. I still have it.

No, I joined this forum to learn and share due to my own ownership of Ts.

Not sure if the question refers to my local community, but I bring my cars to local events where I encourage folks, especially children, to get into my cars and I conduct much "show and tell" in an effort to educate people about what early motoring was like.

And referencing Fred Dimock's Number 11:

Yes, my sanity has been questioned, especially when I make a 200 mile round trip in the dead of winter in an open Model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 12:32 am:

1) Are you here because you are restoring a daily driver? Doubtful, but we'll see when it's restored!
2) Are you in the restoration business and supply parts to others? Have a business card to share? Used to be, now it's just my hobby.
3) Do you collect Ford Model T's? "Collect" Hmm, I think they collect me, 3 complete ones, bits & pieces for at least 2 more!
4) Do you purchase a T and then part it out? Blasphemy!! I buy pieces and put them back together! :-)
5) Are you here because old cars are a financial investment? Um, if you mean it's a good way to lose money, yes. Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck!
6) Do you peruse the forum because you are a history buff? Yes, of course!
7) Do you post only to give official announcements? Uh no, what would give my ANY authority to make one?
8) Are you here because you inherited a Model T? No, although it did start with an inherited Model A, which I still have.
9) Did you get involved here originally because your friends had Model T's? No, but since I've joined, I now have friends all over the world with model Ts--all the forum members! :-)

10) Do you provide a service to the community? Um, which community? The forum? Well maybe if levity is a service. My Town? I do a lot of volunteer work, presently rebuilding a pipe organ to be put in the local historic theatre.
And, yes, you didn't ask about the camaraderie that exists here, which calls us back to visit again and again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 12:38 am:

1) Are you here because you are restoring a daily driver? Not just one. I drive one or another that runs whenever the weather doesn't persuade me otherwise.
2) Are you in the restoration business and supply parts to others? Have a business card to share? Not yet.
3) Do you collect Ford Model T's? I've finished collecting them. I'm out of space.
4) Do you purchase a T and then part it out? Nope. I do buy parts, and occasionally sell one or two.
5) Are you here because old cars are a financial investment? Ha!
6) Do you peruse the forum because you are a history buff? Yep.
7) Do you post only to give official announcements? My imaginary son, Mohammed Cuauhtémoc Oleandlena Jelf, has decided not to run for a senate seat.
8) Are you here because you inherited a Model T? Nope. I had to buy them all.
9) Did you get involved here originally because your friends had Model T's? I got involved here because I bought a Model T.
10) Do you provide a service to the community? I suppose some would consider the website a service: http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG52.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 08:03 am:

Bill Harper - I always enjoy your posts, no matter what the topic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 08:15 am:

I'd say #1 and #5. But also I have enjoyed reading about specific technical problem solving that doesn't necessarily relate to my T .. so far.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 08:42 am:

Mr. Bill Harper,

Where did you get that Cool Coat ?

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Mills_Cherry Hill NJ on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 08:45 am:

No...I have a few that will start, run, and get ready easily, be dependable to the point I'd never fear distance traveled.

No...I tried once perhaps 40 years ago making parts others didn't, but even then price of entry was too steep....lol

No, they decide to pro-create all by themselves to the point they do not care how limited your storage space may be. You then overload friends storage and then more friends storage but this is also a social fulfillment. You get to drink a lot of beer, and you NEED to keep these friends for life...

No, came close once. The oldest son took one apart as a teen and then got his own car before he could even wash the chassis off so the pile of parts and bits was a candidate for the part-out idea. He pleaded with me to not part out as the back seat was a Saturday 'rocking chair' time out when he screamed 'not tired' as a toddler!!!!' He will be 40 in a week or so, has 10 times the toys that I have, has a huge heated storage building, and I notice that bit by bit, that '25 Fordor is 'evaporating' from my storage space here.

I fortunately have also owned a classic wood Sport Sedan 39 footer that was in a covered condo marina...so understood what investment for fun was before I even started with the T's. Its' all relative, but since I never sell a T once I buy it, and usually double what I have in it only to have it worth the same as starting out...I guess you could call that an 'investment'...

Actually YES...I consider myself a resident expert on industry and industrial practices at the turn of the 20th century, a 'fair' metallurgist, and a bit of a tinkerer myself.

Nah...I post when I think I can help folks understand something...or...need help myself

No...I willingly opened my wallet for each of them. My sons on the other hand....when the time comes....can have a private parade if they find a few drivers to go with them ...lol

No, I liked the 'front porch' town hall type format where fellow T'ers would talk their stories.

Sure...they want a Model T for something, I'll do it willingly. A local T newbie needs a guardian angel/built in mechanic? Like Bill above, I gladly work for food only no matter how long it takes. I don't even regret or lament losing a knee-cap while rummaging in a loft to take a quick picture of something for a forum member in need! (But I need to rethink that sort of 'service', I still can't go up and down steps, may always be a gimp...but am readily getting close to doing a pull-up and getting in one of the T's without too much adoo. :-) )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, Mostly in Dearborn on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 08:48 am:

1) Are you here because you are restoring a daily driver? Yes. In fact, several at times.
2) Are you in the restoration business and supply parts to others? I supply numerous free parts to my kids. Have a business card to share? No
3) Do you collect Ford Model T's? Yes, several times yes.
4) Do you purchase a T and then part it out? No, I buy a Model T and then search for correct parts.
5) Are you here because old cars are a financial investment? Seriously? This hobby is a shortcut to poverty.
6) Do you peruse the forum because you are a history buff? Yes
7) Do you post only to give official announcements? No, sometimes I post and poke fun at car themed restaurants.
8) Are you here because you inherited a Model T? No, I am here to fix my cars so I can foist them on my grandchildren some day.
9) Did you get involved here originally because your friends had Model T's? No, I am here because my father took me to Old Car Festivals and other car owners told me how great is the Model T.
10) Do you provide a service to the community? Sometimes, as a volunteer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 09:46 am:

I collect Model Ts. At present that collection is one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Murray on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 08:03 pm:

1) I'm driving a daily driver, seasonally...I wouldn't subject it to the calcium chloride they put on these roads all winter
2) No
3) I have one, pictured on my forum profile. Also a 2WD '89 Ramcharger and a '94 Harley FXDS.
4) No
5) No
6) Yes, in part...in particular, I like the photos and stories of how the shade tree mechanics and agricultural engineers of the era adapted Model T technology to serve their needs
7) No
8) No; in general my family tended to work their motor vehicles to death. But I grew up hearing plenty of family stories, many of them involving my grandfather and his Fords
9) No
10) Depends on which community...I presently get groceries for a neighbor with a back injury, help out a local young farm couple when they're short-handed, volunteer on building raisings, etc...but I'm more of a leech here; I'm mostly learning instead of helping

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 08:40 pm:

1) Are you here because you are restoring a daily driver? Nope. That originally was my purpose, but my car is restored now.

Absolutely not.

3) Do you collect Ford Model T's? No.

4) Do you purchase a T and then part it out? No.

5) Are you here because old cars are a financial investment? No. It is a hobby to have fun with.

6) Do you peruse the forum because you are a history buff? Partially, yes. I enjoy keeping my car as original as possible to experience what my cars were like during the decade that they were produced.

7) Do you post only to give official announcements? No.

Nope. It would have been nice, though.

9) Did you get involved here originally because your friends had Model T's? I did not know anyone in the Model community until I purchased my car in 2006.

10) Do you provide a service to the community? Indirectly. Just this week, I brought my car to school to show some of my students and let several hand-pull the crank. I also bring it during the spring when the history teachers are discussing the impact of the Model T Ford; otherwise, no.

I got into Model T's simply because I appreciate old cars (an influence from my dad) and because it was a price that I could afford. My parents were members of the HCC, the Michigan Club, the REO club, and the Durant/Star club. I went on several tours as a kid, saw many different brands - but the car that I fell in love with was the Ford Model A Roadster(1928-31). One of these days - maybe when the stars, sun and moon are all aligned - I will be able to afford one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 11:13 pm:

---Nope, not restoring a daily driver. -I purchased my T in very good condition.

---Nope, just a hobbyist.

---Not unless a single car is a collection.

---Heaven forbid.

---The Model T Ford is not the best collector car for an investment speculator.

---That's part of it. -I'm here for the camaraderie and excellent technical advice.

---Nah not really.

---No. -But I did inherit a love of Brass-Era cars, of which my '15 Touring qualifies.

---No. -I wanted one most of my life. -I chanced upon the MTFCA website about a year before I bought my car.

---Well, yes and no. -With regard to the Model T, I do use it as a photo prop so spectators will pose in it and,
---in exchange for photos, make a donation to the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
---Aside from that which is related to Model T Fords, I volunteer as a piano player in nursing homes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 12:02 pm:

Love my 3 T's (all drivers) and enjoy stories, tips and tricks I learn here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 03:55 pm:

1)Are you here because you are restoring a daily driver? Not exactly. I started on the Forum when I was between restorations.

2) Are you in the restoration business and supply parts to others? Have a business card to share? No.

3) Do you collect Ford Model T's? I didn't intend to start out that way, but I suppose now I do.

4) Do you purchase a T and then part it out? No.

5) Are you here because old cars are a financial investment? No.

6) Do you peruse the forum because you are a history buff? Sometimes, yes.

7) Do you post only to give official announcements? No.

8) Are you here because you inherited a Model T? Not exactly. My '14 started out as a project with my Dad.

9) Did you get involved here originally because your friends had Model T's? No; I made friends here after I got involved.

10) Do you provide a service to the community? I've driven brides & grooms at their weddings.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration