Mentoring young people

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Mentoring young people
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn - Lincoln, NE on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 02:44 pm:

Here is a great video of how mentoring a young person can spark a passion that will last a lifetime. This young man was mentored by several people, listen to his story.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=9TlgIF5v748

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 02:59 pm:

Very very cool. My father got me started and it stuck. Failed with my own son, I couldn't compete with all the modern electronics and gizmos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 03:39 pm:

Seamus and his 1914 are in this one too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCToHYn_6tE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grady L Puryear on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 03:42 pm:

The kind of a kid one would kill for, I would like to keep up with him, and see what he does with his life - Outstanding !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt the Headlight Lens Guy n California on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 09:57 pm:

Being on the young end of the spectrum it is fun to see people half my age into the hobby.

Matt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By chris becker on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 11:31 pm:

Carston and I.

}

Nuthin' Special here, our bitsa 1920 something or other hot rod roadster pickup thingy he is learning how to build on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By chris becker on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 11:31 pm:

Carston and I.

}

Nuthin' Special here, our bitsa 1920 something or other hot rod roadster pickup thingy he is learning how to build on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 12:13 am:

As another young model t nut seeing this makes me extremely happy! Thanks for sharing this with us

Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 08:42 am:

Great video Mike. Thanks for posting. I met him a few years ago at Homecoming, he had just acquired that car, and we pretty much knew then as I and others helped him get it running enough to enjoy the day, that it was gonna need some serious engine work. I have "mentored" him somewhat since then, but it won't be long til he will be mentoring me!! I had a great time with him picking up his engine and helping him install it the day before homecoming last year!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration