Installing new Ammeter

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Installing new Ammeter
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Annaian on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 06:25 pm:

Hi all,

Received an ignition switch today, a 27 style.

Trying to install a repro ammeter, its a 20-20? The little notch tab things on the sides dont line up with the holes/cutouts on the plate. I dont want to damage anything, are they supposed to? How is it held in place?

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Annaian on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 06:29 pm:

Never mind everyone... of course as soon as I posted I played around and got it in.

ignore this post!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 08:10 pm:

Also be aware that ammeter is only for decoration. The accuracy is non existent. If you go to set up the correct charging rate for a generator, pick up one for a pre-26 T from a reliable vendor. Then compare to the one in the dash so you will know how much the dash mounted meter is off.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 06:10 am:

When I installed the repop ammeter in my pickup I found the tabs were close but not quite. It could be made to work easy enough, as I see you've found out, but the next hurdle was it indicated backwards. I suspect the 26-27 ammeters being sold for Ts are actually Model A units which would use a positive ground. No big deal, just be aware that the wires to the terminals on the back may have to be swapped around to read correctly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bourgeois on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 07:59 am:

John,
Could you post a picture of the back bezel?
I couldn't ever get it to fit correctly. Now maybe seeing it done will give me a new confidence that it will fit.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration