Have a ‘25-‘27 T? Let’s see your engine pans!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Have a ‘25-‘27 T? Let’s see your engine pans!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 09:38 pm:

After reading through many threads on engine pans (and starting one of my own - http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/815154.html?1512585954), there does not seem to be a consensus on when or even if the “2 hole pan” pictured below was ever used during production. The Ford parts books up through at least 1930 clearly show the passenger side pan having one large oval hole instead of two holes.

If you have a ‘25-‘27 T, which is when this pan is thought to have been used to accommodate both the vaporizer setup and the earlier carburetors, can we see your engine pans? Extra credit goes to anyone who can show us original pans or can say with certainty that the pans on their car were never removed/replaced.

Of course, any questions, comments, speculations or insults will also be taken under advisement.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 10:24 pm:

Two hole on this '27, photo from the web, may have been on the forum, don't recall. Saved to my files.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 10:39 am:

The late March 1925 I have been working on; has single hole under carb and the larger cutout for pitman arm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 08:19 pm:

Thanks Dan and Mark!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 11:45 am:

Mark is correct. I think I posted something on this recently. Those engine pans get so beat up, it's really hard to find a good one. I finally sent a NOS double hole '27 engine pan to Tom Rootlieb, and asked him to duplicate it minus the vaporizer hole. He did, and it's on the car now. Whether or not he incorporated that change into his offerings is any bodies guess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brett Vining on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 01:04 pm:

My early 26 with NH carb has a single round hole under the float bowl.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 11:59 am:

BTT.

Can anyone else help?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 11:21 am:

There was a very nice pair of '25-6 one hole engine pans on ebay this week that have been sold. They are quite hard to find.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 07:36 pm:

Larry you are correct, Mark sold them, And I bought them. Hope they are correct for my '25. I'm going to use them even if they aren't.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Schultz_Sheboygan,WI on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 09:03 pm:

My 26 Coupe (December 1925) has a single hole engine pan and a NH.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration