The forum is great.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: The forum is great.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 10:36 am:

We have a thread about oil, another about water pumps and two from China that don't make sense.

AND - no one has lost their mind YET!

It must be the season!
Merry Christmas everyone!
I hope you all have a Family Good Time! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 10:59 am:

The posts from China are from a newbie asking about what oil to use in his newly acquired T and if a water pump is a good investment.

Sure wish someone here spoke Chinese to give him some advice.

Merry Christmas to All

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 11:14 am:

It's Greek to me !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dufault on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 11:14 am:

Fred,

It is the "cookie monster" coming after YOU

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 11:26 am:

Good job for not posting on those spam posts .... you guys are learning.

Except for Bob, but that was funny Bob.

I can't delete them easily from my phone, will get to them later.

Chris

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 11:51 am:

Speak for yourself, Fred. I lost my mind years ago but I think it's good to maintain a healthy level of insanity. Then my back went out and I missed it MUCH more than my mind. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni Fredericksburg, VA on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 11:54 am:

OK I think a Dog is a better pet than a Cat.

Now that should start something.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 12:05 pm:

If you have a dog you have a best friend thats always glad to see you.
If you have a cat you probably have a box of crap in your house. Not taking sides here Robert just my opinion and everyone likes opinions! I give my dog MMO to keep his coat nice and he never rusts. Plus his breath smells good and he is regular.
Yup this forum is great! So are the people here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 12:15 pm:

Always had dogs. Some good some maybe not so good but years back during an "off" time when we didn't have one my Son & his wife asked us to mind their cat while they went on vacation. I was amazed (and a little shaken) finding him on the mantle, the coffee table, kitchen counters and various other places he wasn't welcome in. It was summer and he loved to sit in the screen house to watch the birds. Once we couldn't find him & thought he got out somehow but there he was, 6 feet off the ground, hanging off the top of the screen probably trying to nab one of his friends.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni Fredericksburg, VA on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 02:43 pm:

The dogs have it so far!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John E Cox on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 02:52 pm:

If you want to know who loves you the most your wife or your dog. Throw them both in the trunk of your car, drive around the block and see who is happy to see you when you open the trunk,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 03:31 pm:

Haley wants to know "Whats a Dog?"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 04:53 pm:

My wife raises and trains search dogs cross trained in personal protection. I never worry about someone breaking in my house. If they survive the shepherds they have to deal with my wife. Odds are I will never have to deal with them.
I AM NOT AFRAID OF THE DOGS!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 05:26 pm:

We have always had cats. Frankly, my life has always been way too demanding to give a dog the attention they want and need. We have had several dogs over the years, and it has never worked out well. It is not fair to the dog in my family.
I used to tell people that I didn't like dogs. Wasn't true. And almost every dog I ever meet, knows it.

One of the many cats we have had, about thirty years ago, went totally crazy. I mean really nuts. He became obsessed about sitting on the strangest things, and for no apparent reason. One day, we came home from shopping, and found him sitting on the top of an end-table lamp. How the blinkin he got up there without knocking the lamp over I will NEVER figure out.

Hi there Chris B! Always nice to see you joining in. But now, do you mean I need to look into those bad threads to see Bob's good response? I have been trying to be good and stay away from them. Maybe you could just move his response onto this or the "Avoid" thread?

This is still the best site on the web by my vote!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 07:49 pm:

My wife says that she likes dogs but adds that it depends on their owner.
When questioned, she says that she likes dogs that are well trained.
She dosenít like the aggressive noisy smelly ones.

Iíll add the same goes for kids!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 08:28 pm:

Dallas, years back, we had a Border Collie we trained in SAR at the suggestion of the county K-9 officer. He cross trained herding sheep . . . ; - )

Bad news for cat lovers who maintain the kitties are smarter than the pups. Researchers have identified the number of cerebral neurons, cats have about the same number as bears, less than a third the number canines possess.

We've always had cats and dogs (and horses) and love them all. They all possess uncanny intelligence if one has the patience and tact to relate to their unique planes of perception.
It's not unlike driving a Model T with finesse . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Billy Vrana Kewaskum wi on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 08:44 pm:

Cats can be fun too,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Billing on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 09:09 pm:

Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get 8 cats to pull a sled through snow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 09:17 pm:

By that reasoning Brian, sloths are smarter than cats. You can't get them to do anything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 09:31 pm:

Brian our dogs are pretty smart. They dont have a steady job. They dont get paid for working anyway. No taxes. They raise their head and look at me when I leave for work. They wake up and greet me when I get home from work. If they do what they are told my wife gives them a treat. If I do something Im told she says its about time. All the free food and a warm soft place to sleep. Hey! Wait a minute! Are they really my best friend or just happy mooches? When we moved to the farm I brought home a tom kitten. Within 2 years we had 23 cats in the barn. He moved every female in the county in our barn. Now we have none. One or two barn cats is a good thing but you cant keep them off the cars and the dogs dont like cats either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 10:17 pm:

Billy, Is that Cat yours? Just wondering...

Thanks, Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Billy Vrana Kewaskum wi on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 10:47 pm:

Yeah, I bought it for a yard ornament. Then we looked into the engine. Overhead cam, overhead valve engine, couldn't resist, had to make it run,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 11:59 pm:

I thought my Bubs (Dayzee) was more cat like. She wanted to be a good lap dog.
She knew me better than I know myself.
Rest in piece my Bubs, Sully and Vic (the cat).
I now find my Roxy is more dog like and needs the attention more every day. Silly cat. Mouse killing machine.

Very cool crawler Billy. If not done so yet. Welcome to the forum!
Tell more about your Cat, would you?

Merry Christmas one and all! Thanks Fred!
The drift here is the cool sometimes, eh? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 01:09 am:

Dogs have Master's and Cats have Slaves.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Billy Vrana Kewaskum wi on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 10:25 am:

The crawler is a Caterpillar 2 ton, it was designed bye Holt in '24. In 1925 best and Holt merged to form caterpillar. They kept the two ton on through '27 I believe. I don't know what year my crawler is because the tag is missing.
The engine is very impressive, it has bevel cut gears up the front of the engine to power the fan, water pump and magneto and the cam. The governor is inside the cam gear and shut's off the airflow after the carb. The cam has only one lobe per cylinder and run both intake and exhaust valves. The head is a hemispherical design. It also has the same firing order of a model T,
I ended up using pistons out of a 6.5 gm diesel, had to narrow up the rods and open up the pistons then rebush the rods to use the gm wrist pin.
Now it's back to work, a little plowing and some logging. Its handy little cat,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 11:06 am:

Billy, that is a "cool cat" ! Thanks for sharing the details. Didn't Holt make steam traction engines ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Billy Vrana Kewaskum wi on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 01:44 pm:

Yeah, they started with steam and went to gas later on. Their early steamers were on wheels then went to tracklayers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 04:45 pm:

These pictures are of my grandfather (mother's dad) standing next to the Holt he and his dad owned and ran around the bean fields outside Los Angeles CA. The little girl standing on the tractor in one picture is my aunt, born in 1918.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JD, Wichita, KS on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 05:44 pm:

Its fun to see how the threads transition thru different topics.
How about another Holt picture:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Murray on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 06:36 pm:

I used to plow snow with a Cat 35 with a Sargent plow; owned it from 1976-'92, then sold it to my cousin, who kept the same subdivision plowed for another 10 years or so. When it finally stopped running out of neglect, he sold it to a collector in the upper midwest, I forget if it went to Wisconsin, or Michigan maybe...anyway, here's a short video from the late 1970s:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN7_Aj9ttAw&t=7s

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration