More fires in San Diego County

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: More fires in San Diego County
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 05:28 pm:

We have had a very strong wind and very low humidity most of this week. We have many members in the Fallbrook, Temecula, Escondido, and Oceanside areas. Haven't heard from any of them but is they have been evacuated I can understand why. Yesterday at 7:00 AM our electric power went off and didn't come on until about 10:00 AM today.No fire around here, but our electric utility decided to turn it off so they won't be liable is a fire started by arcing or down lines. My son had just brought up a portable generator this morning and we had our refrigerator and freezer running when the power came back on, but I am going to keep it for a while just in case.

Anyway, we haven't heard from anyone we know. Only had a small portable radio for communication with the rest of the world.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 11:12 pm:

The fire was approx. 3 miles from where I live. We are fine....thank God! Have the RV ready in case the fire starts up again. When you have a number of early cars....it's not easy making the decision which one to take in the trailer if things get bad. All the model T or HCCA owners here in Fallbrook are OK and have not suffered any fire damage.
Numerous homes in a trailer park were burned....It was reported 69 homes were lost. Several people were burned trying to save their race horses. A number of horses did not make it.
One woman was badly burned over 50% and is in critical condition in ICU at a local burn center.
The fire was driven by strong dry winds and was difficult for the firefighters to control. The fire also burned thru a training facility where several hundred race horses were kept. The high winds and dense smoke hampered using aircraft to help fight the fire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 01:56 pm:

I talked with Barbara French yesterday. She and Craig are OK. They have a number of exotic animals including Alpacas and some birds which might be hard to place in an evacuation center. She said Victor and Steph Terrell are not affected but no one has heard from Dale and Eleanor Stanfield. Hopefully everyone is OK. There are others in the area.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 02:00 pm:

I talked to Barbara French. She says she and Craig are OK. They have a number of exotic animals including Alpacas and birds which might be hard to find a refuge for them. She says Victor and Stephanie Terrell are not affected by the fire but had not heard from Dale and Eleanore Stanfield. There are also others in the area near the fires.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 03:04 pm:

I believe there was one or more homes on Dale's street that were lost. Have no information on Dale's home.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration