Old Photo - Brass Era - The Whole Fam Damly Posing In A Model T Touring Car

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Brass Era - The Whole Fam Damly Posing In A Model T Touring Car
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 09:43 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 09:51 am:

Unusual front seat cover for the day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 10:03 am:

Those were summer seat covers that people used to keep from roasting on the black leather/leatherette. Somewhere I have the dimensions for making up a set.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 10:20 am:

Jay, nice shiny paint on that late appearing 14. Thanks again for all the pics you post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 11:07 am:

Fantastic photo! Keep 'em coming Jay. The angle on the horn bulb appears a little low. I wonder if the owner did that? I think I've learned from the dozens of old photos I've seen, that the assembly line guys must have eyeballed those horn bulb brackets wherever they wanted too. Not shown here, but additional data I've collected indicates that the '14 HORN brackets were oval. I have a lot of people who agree, but some of the high up people won't bite! What do you think Dan?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 12:43 pm:

Dunno what Dan thinks, but RV would like to point out that while there was considerable variation in the mounting location, the bulb angle seems always to be roughly parallel with the steering column on the '14.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Van Evera in the U.P. of MI. on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 02:00 pm:

Photo must have been taken moments after the gal in the back grabbed onto the mag terminal on the firewall after the kids dared her.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Griffin in Brea, CA on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 06:21 pm:

The near side lamp has a later fount, and the far one might be showing the top edge of the late, integral bracket on the dash.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration