Bar Time!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Bar Time!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Chady on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 11:07 am:

A friend of mine snapped this shot of my car one night while we were out. We decided early on that I should stop drinking early since he didn't know how to drive the T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 11:37 am:

I always wondered how you could be impaired and manage to drive a Model T? There's an awful lot going on that needs be done reasonably well to drive one of these things.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 12:35 pm:

I hate to admit that I researched drinking and driving a Model T for a brief period of my youth. I can't remember much difference either way.
Please don't tempt fate.
Today's traffic is less forgiving.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 01:53 pm:

So are the cops!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 02:03 pm:

Had to laugh at your comments (Richard & Val) BUT, they are very true. Been there, done that in my younger days.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john pawlowski - NE Pennsylvania on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 02:04 pm:

I am in awe of anyone who will drive their T on public roads. Those people are crazy out there! Mine will stay in the communities private roads. My biggest worries are the deer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Chady on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 02:24 pm:

I try and drive mine everywhere. I take my son to school, drive it to work. Take it to the next towns over (8 miles away). Stock lights, stock brakes. I drive VERY aware, always planning an escape route, never letting anything distract me. Driving becomes the foremost thing. Cell phone use while driving? Hell, sometimes I tell passengers to stop talking so I can concentrate in heavy traffic. The first couple of weeks of driving it, I actually got a headache from thinking so much while driving. Now it just feels natural, the feet and hands just do what they are supposed to do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 07:01 pm:

Neat you drive your T where you do. I'm lucky I live in the country and have nice lightly traveled black top roads.
I always get a little nervous when a car running up from behind me when I'm running around 30-40.
Would I drive in town or on main highways? No way. T's don't accelerate or have real brakes to run with modern cars in heavy to medium traffic. But that's me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 07:20 pm:

I'm with John Chady...I drive my Ts everywhere, for everything. As long as it's not pouring down rain or snowing! I do stay off the 4-lane divided highways, but frankly they're probably actually safer than any 2-lane road any day!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration