Woke this morning wanting to feel younger

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Woke this morning wanting to feel younger
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 12:21 pm:

I woke this morning to bad arthritis pain. Happens to me when the weather changes. I thought going for a drive in the T might help and I was right. I went for a drive and now I can hardly feel anything but the big smile on my face.

South of Atlanta 33 deg F

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 12:30 pm:

T's always make things better. My wife is on crutches for a while but insisted we take the T to breakfast yesterday. It took some time to get in and out but made the day much better.
What do folks without model T's do?
I'm glad your T was good therapy for you. We also have snow.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 12:32 pm:

Great therapy the T is :-) And yours look right at home in the snow. I like your light treatment front and rear as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 01:05 pm:

That amazes me. Ga is in the south! When I first saw the pictures I thought Minnesota? Here we just have hot winds and fires. Fall is my least favorite season in this area. It seems that all the hot dry air from the areas east of us blow toward the coast and if there is a single spark or ember in the air, we have a fire.

Well, at least soon it will be January and then usually rain and some warm days in between rains.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 01:28 pm:

My neighbors caught me sneaking out of the neighborhood. He says it's my Norman Rockwell moment :-) I think it's my favorite T picture this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 01:29 pm:

Glad you were able to get out. Feels great doesnt it? But wow..you have more snow here than we do cause we have none! LOL. Keep it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 01:40 pm:

James,

I'm glad the ride helped you feel better. I also like your accessory turn and stop lights. While probably not a period accessory -- but then back in the day people weren't "texting while driving" so the lights didn't need to be as big. If you have time -- would you please let us know a little more about them (6 volt?; a couple of photos of how mounted etc.)?

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 01:49 pm:

Bless your pea pickin' heart!
Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RICHARD GRZEGOROWICZ on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 01:51 pm:

WONDERFULL SIGHT TO SEE,my hat is off to the one that took the photos. the little t is now a cure for stiffness,when i walk by my 21 i feel a peace that the sight of it brings to me,im so lucky it chose to find me to help it on its jurny,i hope when its found again by someone they love it as much as i do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john pawlowski - NE Pennsylvania on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 01:53 pm:

Very nice James. Definitely a Norman Rockwell moment. They are feel good photos. Happy Holidays

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 02:16 pm:

Nice! Thanks for sharing! My uncle used to say that the itis boys were bad and that Arthur was the worst.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sullivan on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 02:52 pm:

Tell me, is it snowing in Tallahassee? Us northerners wanna know. Dave in Bellingham,WA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 02:58 pm:

James....I like your since of humor. I also have my pains and driving my model T or A puts a smile on my face....others like it too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 03:08 pm:

James, wish you lived about 200 miles north. What fun!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Eddie on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 03:09 pm:

Wow,...I didn't think it ever snowed in your
neck-of-the-woods

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 10:58 pm:

Why are your wearing all that clothing? A nice t-shirt and shorts should be enough.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 12:00 pm:

You were certainly dressed for the occasion!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 12:18 pm:

Last time it snowed here was in 1989 supposedly only happens about every 100 years. Lasted 3 days it was comical watching people who have never left Florida in their lives trying to drive on snow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 12:22 pm:

Hey, wait a minute. I'm south of Atlanta and we didn't get any of that.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 12:29 pm:

Was just diagnosed last week with arthritis in my lower back. Had leg pains and was scared it was related to my type 2 diabetes. Evidently I've had it quite awhile but maybe recent heavy parts wrangling during the rebuilding of my '23 made it worse. I'm told you don't get out of this world alive ! ;-)

My wife always comments about the big smile on my face and hair sticking straight up like Ed Grimley when I come into the house after a drive in the T. She always says "were you in the T?" And I always say "no .. why do you ask?"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 07:38 pm:

Mark, them Ritis boys have a bad reputation, and Arthur is the worst one of the bunch !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john pawlowski - NE Pennsylvania on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 10:07 pm:

Mark, you are not alone. I always say my warranty was over at forty. Same here, Type 2 diabetes,arthritic spine and as an extra bonus multiple myeloma. However positive attitude is key.

Getting the AACA Model T driving course for my Birthday in August was a big shot in the arm. Giving me the motivation to put my T back together and running. With club members expertise, figured out the elusive neutral. Now for Spring and rides in my Community.

getting old

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 12:43 am:

Your neighbor's catch of your Norman Rockwell moment is right on the money. :-)
It's not overtly Christmasy but it's right there, if you look.
The other pics are absolutely fantastic! The 4th one: Umm yeah, of course I'm gonna take it out. Wha?
I too was gonna lip off about your garb, but I won't.
You look like a Minnesotan with your insulated overalls. ;-)
I like my insulated bibs and my old leather jacket for the cold. Down to -20F. :-)
If I may be so bold James: That damned ol' green model T!
Ahhhh!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration