Is this a early version of Hayes wire wheel cap

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Is this a early version of Hayes wire wheel cap
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 01:06 pm:

Mind is playing tricks on me again
I just found this hubcap ( no name ) but looks close to early Hayes or another accessory wire wheel cap

2 1/4" across
1" tall
please see photo's, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 02:11 pm:

Bob, it looks like it would do the job. I have never seen one with that rounded raised section in the middle. Other variants I have seen have been plain, with no Hayes branding and plain ones with the Ford script stamped into the end on the INSIDE of the cap.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 02:52 pm:

I have seen these before , but can not remember. where. getting old???
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 03:49 pm:

Sure looks like a Hayes without the usual graphics. And the flats on a Hayes cap is 8 sided like this one so . . . . What's the od of the thread measure?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 03:56 pm:

2 1/4"
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 10:20 am:

Btt

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration