Model T screwdriver

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Model T screwdriver
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 04:10 pm:

Found this on e-bay. Want the experts to weigh in on whether this is a model T screwdriver.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 04:14 pm:

Yep. Meets all the specs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 04:18 pm:

Looks legit though a bit short. Could have been hammered through & cut off or over sharpened.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Thomas on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 04:19 pm:

Looks like it to me. A bit short, but it may have been ground off over time. The square 5/16 shank passes all the way though. Does the rivet go all the way through? or part way?

I am not 100% convinced that all T-1902 screw drivers were made exactly to the drawing, either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 04:29 pm:

Was advertised as a vintage screwdriver / chisel. I am sure it has been shortened over time. Yes the square shank is 5/16", goes all the way through, and the rivet goes through as well. At $17 I took a chance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 04:29 pm:

I don't know whether that is a Model T screwdriver, but don't use for checking spark to plugs. Notice the metal shaft goes all the way through and you could get a big shock if you touch that part while testing for spark.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 05:00 pm:

Hi Darryl,

That screwdriver looks right to me. There is a fair chance that Ford sourced these screwdrivers from more than supplier and, as a result, there could (would?) be slight differences between them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 06:59 pm:

Thanks for the info guys, I'm call'n it good !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 07:25 pm:

Yeh, as they say... "ya done good"! :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration