Model T tool pouch

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Model T tool pouch
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john pawlowski - NE Pennsylvania on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 01:06 am:

Hello all, Green John from NE Pennsylvania here,
What are the chances of getting an original Model T tool pouch with the tools?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 10:23 am:

Slim. Every estate has been split among heirs several times during the last 90 years, so few parts like that has been lying undisturbed.
But it's certainly possible to find them tool for tool at swap meets or ebay and make or buy a new pouch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 10:49 am:

Interesting too would be which style tool pouch for a '25 as in Nov '25 the Improved Car was out, and that tool bag is a pouch with wide flap top, and two or one fasteners.

The '23-'25 was normally a narrow 'golf bag' with tie strap at the open end.

Maybe the late '25 used the flap side pouch?

I have what I think is the late pouch '25-'27 used as my glove bag, this one has horizontal grain pattern top material, like the T used.

T or may be A

This early A bag shows the 'vertical' pattern grain that should be Model A.

Reproduction T pouch, Improved Car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 10:52 am:

You are making it sound like all Model T tool bags are the same. They are not. If you don't care what you get, then buy one from a vendor. Otherwise, do some research. I know one thing for sure the '25-7 tool bags are the same. I'm looking at a NOS one right now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 10:57 am:

Pictures, Larry?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john pawlowski - NE Pennsylvania on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 11:44 am:

I just saw a "golf bag" style tool pouch on ebay with tools. Person doesn't know if it's for a Model T or Model A and has no idea if the tools are correct. I also don't have any idea what tools came in the kit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john pawlowski - NE Pennsylvania on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 01:16 pm:

The pouch I was referring to on ebay is no longer listed not even on the completed items, strange. Might have been a scam?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 01:37 pm:

Go to the home page and open encyclopedia, then menu and look at tools.
http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/S-T.htm#tool
It's not a complete list but give you an idea.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 02:44 pm:

1925-27 tool bag.Early Tool Roll 3.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 02:49 pm:

I'll try it again. It's not letting me upload attachments! Maybe later.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john pawlowski - NE Pennsylvania on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 03:04 pm:

Hello all, i spoke to soon. It is still listed with a buy it now of $149.00
I can't figure out how to post it here but the item number is 192390296333.
Tools included in kit look odd. Not like Model T tools I've seen online.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Mills_Cherry Hill NJ on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 05:17 pm:

John,

As far as the tools go, that is but a collection of era tools and even the Ford ones may be year/years specific.

As far as the tool bag...Iím just not that smart... you may want to open your browser and type in mtfca tool roll
And do some reading

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 05:38 pm:

I am no tool expert, but this eBay listing may (may) have a somewhat rare multi-tool/hubcap wrench with it for an earlier car. I am no expert on the early cars' tools so will not say for sure. For sure, not all the tools shown go to a T.

Perhaps Larry Smith will take the time to check the listing since he's been so helpful, and report back as to whether or not I am correct in my assumption.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 05:45 pm:

I just did the research I should have done 5 minutes ago...the hubcap wrench is not "T".

http://www.funprojects.com/pdf/ARCFX7.pdf

Thank you John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 06:22 pm:

Here's the auction - looks like some common Ford tools among lots of others at a very high price.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/VTG-ANTIQUE-FORD-MODEL-A-MODEL-T-TOOL-BAG-POUCH-ORIGINA L-RARE-LARGE-SCRIPT/192390296333

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john pawlowski - NE Pennsylvania on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 07:02 pm:

Thanks all, not computer savvy at all. Seemed expensive . Yes if Larry has a listing of 1925 to 1927 tool bag that would be fantastic. I have tried looking on the club site didn't have any luck. Again thank you all

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john pawlowski - NE Pennsylvania on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 07:12 pm:

Just found a post online for forum from 2010, tool kit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 07:39 pm:

I just made this Model A tool kit up for a friend.

Several of the tools are the same for a Model T.

A similar Model T Tool Bag (with more tools) sold in Florida earlier this year for $125, at the winter tour auction.

The hammer was common, but not included.

Tool Bag

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 11:17 am:

I'll try it again. These two photos are of a NOS '25-7 tool bag I own. I have many other photos too of original tool bags, and a photo of an exact copy of a tool bag that is in the Rip Van Winkle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 01:53 pm:

Larry, didn't you told me last year that the long style, end-loading bag was also correct for my January 1924 car?

If you recall, I offered mine for sale last year because I bought the earlier style with individual pockets, and you told me that I had made a terrible mistake.

I have one of each type now, so I'm covered either way. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration