What Do You Put in Your Luggage Rack - Pictures Please

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What Do You Put in Your Luggage Rack - Pictures Please
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Dunlap - Orlando, Florida on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 08:09 am:

My son picked up a luggage rack the other day that we will likely use on the driverís side running board on our 1923 Touring someday. I am toying with putting a vintage suitcase in the rack, or a wicker basket, or oil/gas/water cans.

If you have a luggage rack and youíre hauling something with it, please post your pictures so we can see what others are doing with these. Also, if you have interesting contents in your luggage or basket or other items, please share the details. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 08:37 am:

I carry a water can strapped in. What ever doesnt fit in the bed. At OCF I had people in the back so my copper boiler was my ice chest so it went on the running board. Groceries, extra feed bags from the mill. Whatever is needed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 08:37 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 08:38 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 09:57 am:

I found a wicker "magazine basket" on Ebay that I put in my luggage rack. Usually, the basket is empty unless I put groceries or my 2 1/2 gallon gas can in it . :-)

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 10:08 am:

When I'm at home it carries groceries.

On a trip it carries tent, foam pad, sleeping bag, and a few smaller items.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 10:27 am:

St Patrick's Day Parade in St. Louis - 2000.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 10:48 am:

Here is another carrier.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 10:51 am:

So far, anything that needs hauled that will fit !
!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 11:32 am:

Traveling across FL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 01:29 pm:

I like the side racks but the rear racks are nice too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 03:31 pm:

It's kinda hard to go wrong with a wicker basket.

They make great storage compartments and always look period-correct.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 07:43 pm:

Good for pets too.

Brownie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Prince Madras, Oregon on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 01:19 pm:

The first picture is what is on there most of the time but sometimes there is more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 07:23 pm:

Dennis, that "chuck wagon" cabinet is super !! How do you secure it on the car ? I love seeing these Ts all loaded up for a road trip !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 10:23 pm:

On the War Wagon, I carry a roll of canvas and the tire rim spreader as a talking point. I have unrolled the canvas on several occasions to lay on the ground and tighten something on the T. The light open express body holds all the ammo boxes and field gear, so the luggas rack is a little overkill. But I got one, so I use one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Prince Madras, Oregon on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 10:52 pm:

Rich, I have rubber belting under the kitchen to raise it up to the height of the bead on the running board and 2 bolts thru the bottom then a rubber grommet between the kitchen and the body and use a shortened bike axle with the cam over nut to be able to adjust tension. It works really well and comes off quickly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Oldland - Perth W.Australia on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 04:18 am:

I couldnt find a luggage rack that would suit, so made my own that is easily removed as it uses the same holding positions as the Top. JohnO Perth Western Australia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 04:59 am:

John, you must teach me how to load photos on the Forum !
Alan in Hillarys, Western Australia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Seelman on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 02:59 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Spainhower - Portland, Oregon on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 03:14 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Conwill on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 04:18 pm:

Everything and then some.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 04:41 pm:

Yellowstone Park Including a 1925 White Park type Bus.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 07:50 pm:

We used to put the stroller on the running board with the diaper bag and cooler etc, but we solved that problem a few years ago.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration