Model T Art Sketch

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Model T Art Sketch
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 08:58 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 10:26 am:

Beautiful, a talent I wish I had.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 11:43 am:

Most folks who "wish they had talent" never tried to draw. Pick up a pencil, you'll surprise yourself. Most folks can draw things they know well - which means it's more about observing than anything else. Of course there's hand / eye coordination involved, but it has to be learned, just like playing ball, or driving a Model T ! It would be fun to see members' drawings in a thread here - another way to have fun with your Model T !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 12:50 pm:

That was time well spent. Rich is right about the doing these things. There are several members that I have talked to that have fun with art.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 01:14 pm:

Steering wheel is on upside down!!! :-) Oh, and that left front tire looks a little flat. . . .
Looks wonderful, you've captured the "feel" of the machine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 03:36 pm:

Nice job!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Jull in Oakland on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 04:23 pm:

Looks nice but I donít see the windshield post on the passenger side which makes the top seem to just float. Other than that it is rather nice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 04:35 pm:

Art is rarely about accuracy ... its about feelings / impressions. Drafting is about visual accuracy. 2 cents

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 07:07 pm:

One man top on the right side. Two man top on the left side. Where did he attach the top on the back seat?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 07:14 pm:

We have ample photographs old and new to glean and pick apart for details. Most sketches can be faulted for some detail or another. I challenge those who are now finding fault with this drawing to do better ones and show them here.

I consider Mark to be a good authority on visual images - read his post, please.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Hoekstra - Katy TX on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 10:04 pm:

When in highschool, my loose leaf binder was filled with drawings of cars. My hope was to break into automotive styling but the funds were not there to attend an art school in California. I continued to draw for pleasure. But life got busy and I stopped drawing. This thread resurrected memories of those days. I did save a number of drawings I did in the late 1950s

Flowing designs are much easier to execute than those of the rectilinear Model T. I may have to begin practicing again.

\

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 10:18 pm:

Nice sketches Stan, thanks for posting them. Isn't it a shame the cars of the future we imagined 50 years ago never materialized ? I never made it to the Art Center School either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 11:25 pm:

Rich Bingham used the key word. Observing. In my long lost youth I did some drawing I thought was pretty good, and I found that if you're going for realism the secret is close observation of the subject. Sorry, no samples. I think I left all that stuff in California when I moved.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Jull in Oakland on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 11:08 am:

Itís not a car but they do take you
places

.Shoes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 12:00 pm:

Ive been told the only thing I can draw is flies?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 01:09 pm:

Dallas, drawing flies, tying flies, both worthwhile artistic endeavors. Personally, I could never swing a loop that small !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 02:18 pm:

Rich I couldnt figure out if I was to tie the wings or the legs. Never had a respectable time. Catching and holding them was just as hard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 03:14 pm:

Dallas, if the loop was too small to handle, just imagine the piggin' string !! I reckon the wings ought to be tied, critter could still fly away with its feet tied !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 03:42 pm:

The errors in drawings and paintings is usually due to the fact that the artist knows nothing about the subject and bases the art work on photographs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 04:12 pm:

Freehand drawing of my dream T speedster as junior in high school, passing time in study hall!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 04:18 pm:

Back then also did pen and ink sketches for inexpensive family gifts :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 04:24 pm:

I think the picture was not finished. It has the top bow shown on the right side but no supports in the center. The back corner of the rear top panel is not sketched on the right side. And no crank shown even though that is a brass T and would have come from the factory without a starter.

So I think the artist just set it aside and never finished it.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 04:26 pm:

I think the picture was not finished. It has the top bow shown on the right side but no supports in the center. The back corner of the rear top panel is not sketched on the right side. And no crank shown even though that is a brass T and would have come from the factory without a starter. There is also no windshield post on the right side.

So I think the artist just set it aside and never finished it.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 06:56 pm:

I drew a bath once.
And maybe after working outside all day I should draw another one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 07:09 pm:

Right. A parakeet in a bird-bath. Good idea.

Thomas, nice drawing. Dan, you should pick this up again. The pen and ink reminds me of some of Charlie Russell's ink drawings, the speedster is great ! Thank you both for posting your drawings.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration