OT - deja vu all over again ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT - deja vu all over again ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 11:41 am:

Just wool-gathering, on the topic of why/how did we get "hooked" on Model Ts ? - when I was six or seven, I was gifted a Revell model kit of a 1910 Model T Torpedo roadster. Remember those ? There was a whole series of different antique cars in that line, eventually I had most of them. I have little doubt this attachment in my formative years led to a fascination with Model Ts. One of the features of these kits, most of them included the figure of a goofy-looking old guy with a handle-bar mustache . . . looking in the mirror this morning, I realized hey - I'VE BECOME THAT GOOFY-LOOKING OLD GUY !!!

(I don't have a torpedo roadster, and never will, but the Model T I have fills my "need" for one !)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 12:24 pm:

Do you still have the model? These were from that series or a similar one.
Yep, we turned into them didn't we.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 12:50 pm:

Time to go shave?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 01:01 pm:

Ah, Rich, one of the joys of those models was the wheels turned, and you could "play cars" with them. Playing in the dirt, I drove the hell out of that '10 ! ; -)

Shave ?!? It took me 50 years to grow this "soup strainer". I count it among my life accomplishments !!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration