Gift For Model T Owner

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Gift For Model T Owner
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Colt on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 05:12 pm:

Hey all, apologies in advance for the extremely selfish post but I was wondering if you could help me out. Someone really close to me recently got a Model T and I'd love to be able to get him a Christmas gift related to that. His car is "running" but still could use some repairs before it's drive-able. Are there any generic tools, parts, books, driving accessories that you could recommend?
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 05:22 pm:

Books.

https://www.modeltford.com/model-t-parts/books/

Wouldn't have gotten far without written instructions myself

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Colt on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 06:10 pm:

this is great, thank you very much!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 06:13 pm:

A gift certificate from Lang's. I suggest $250.00

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 08:00 pm:

Tommy that is what I was going to suggest, that's the best gift!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 08:08 pm:

How about a T for yourself so you can enjoy the fun right along with him. Failing that how about a membership to this club, if he isn't a member already that way he gets an excellent magazine six times a year.Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 01:53 pm:

The Model T Ford Owner book is often overlooked but probably one of the most important and useful books to have. It is a collection of articles of Murray Fahnestock written for Ford Owners magazine. It contains many articles on repair, maintenance, and parts/tools which are written from the perspective of the Model T owner rather than the Model T dealer.

https://www.modeltford.com/item/P9.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 03:38 pm:

Don't forget to get him the free CATALOG from Lang's and others. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 03:39 pm:

Also -Get him a lifetime subscription to this Forum! LOL :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Bishop, San Diego on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 04:38 pm:

As James Fisher said above in his link, I would recommend "Model T Ford Service Manual".
If not, go to:
http://mtfca.com/books/bookmenu.htm

Either give him this link (you should anyway), and/or print out and bind the "service manual" for the year closest to his Model T.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration