Old Photo - TT Work Tuck (New Zealand)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - TT Work Tuck (New Zealand)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 07:46 pm:

Its been quite a while since we started "Old Photos" and I have posted this one before (a few years ago now I guess) but Jay's recent truck pictures made me think of it again. A local NZ built 'crew cab' - you see nothing is new under the sun ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 08:12 pm:

That would have room for Ollie, Stan and Ollie's twin brother Jolly. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 09:19 pm:

Looks like the modern power company trucks. Takes 4 guys to dig a hole.one guy in charge,2 guys for saftey, one guy to call someone to dig the hole!
That thing looks roomy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 10:53 pm:

Dallas,

Thread drift-

Your comment reminds me of the following story:

An office worker who worked on the 10th floor of an office building located next to the freeway observed a work crew on the shoulder of the freeway.

There were two guys in the crew. One guy, the pick-up driver, would get out of the truck, get his shovel and dig a hole behind the truck, put the shovel back and get back into the truck. Then the other guy would get out, get his shovel and fill the hole back in, put his shovel back and get into the truck. Once this was done they'd drive the truck forward 20 feet and do the same thing over again.

At lunch time while the two guys were eating their lunch the office worker, totally bewildered, walked over to the fence near where the two workers were eating and said, "I work in the office building over there and I've been watching you guys. One of you digs a hole, the other fills it in, then you move forward 20 feet and do it all over again. What the heck?

The driver of the pick-up said, "We have a very strong union contract. It's my job to drive the truck an dig the holes. It's his job to fill the holes in. The guy who plants the trees is off sick today."

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration