Wood Seat Cushion Frame for 1926 Coupe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Wood Seat Cushion Frame for 1926 Coupe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Davis on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 09:01 pm:

Does anyone know of a vendor that sells wooden seat cushion frame for 1926 Coupe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 05:18 am:

You can make one easily enough.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 08:41 am:

Don: Can you please supply the measurements or pattern?

What does the seat back look like? My wood seat and back frames are rotted beyond recognition, thanks, jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Davis on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 09:49 am:

Where didi you get it? And would appreciate if you would post the dimensions. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 10:00 am:

I never took the dimensions off the back seat, sorry. Here are the dim's of the bottom seat frame.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 10:05 am:

Richard, I made the frame out of rough cut ash. It cost about $30.00 using 3M 5200 Marine Adhesive. Also I added some thickness I believe it was 5/4" board to raise the seat up. The owner wanted it a bit higher for his comfort. The original frame was 3/4".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 10:15 am:

Let me try another photo..for some reason that one turned out blurry..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 10:33 am:

As far as the back seat frame goes...I believe it to be the same as the Fordor. I do have some dimensions on that frame. The only difference would be the length of the three vertical pieces. I will post those pictures later today. They are on another computer..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 11:38 am:

Thanks, Don. Happy holidays. jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 11:55 am:

Here are some pic's of the back frame. These are of a 27 Fordor. I believe the frames are the same size with the exception of the vertical pieces??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Davis on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 01:05 pm:

Thanks, Don luckily my seat back is in good condition, I'll copy this before something happens to my computer and it will be lost.
Do have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 05:33 pm:

Hope it helps. And Merry Christmas to James and Richard. Thx.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 06:19 pm:

Thanks Don,
My second hand bitsa used seat and back are still wrapped up, will use this info to check them out.
Vern

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 08:10 am:

Merry Christmas Vern !

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration