Antique Autos in History Park, San Jose, CA

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Antique Autos in History Park, San Jose, CA
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan Jorgensen on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 09:31 pm:

Back in September, the Santa Clara Valley Model T Ford Club hosted the 17th annual Antique Autos in History park event. The event is held at History Park in San Jose, CA and is open to pre-1945 cars. There hundreds of vehicles of all makes and models.

I finally put together a video from the event, so I thought I would share the video and photos.

Video of the event can be found here:
https://youtu.be/dO4d1GOqW9k

Photos from the event can be found here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ivanjorgensen/sets/72157685852582441/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/robrossalbums/sets/72157687011551553/

AAHP3

AAHP1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Prince Madras, Oregon on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 11:06 pm:

Ivan, When I was in high school I got a TT truck running for the San Jose Historical Museum as a class project. I moved to Oregon shortly after High School and always wondered what happened to that truck. Do you know if the museum became History Park? Someday I hope to make it down for the celebration.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 11:14 pm:

History Park once a year in Kelly Park in San Jose is the best thing going.
If you arrive in a Ď41 or earlier car you get in free.
If you walk in it will cost you $5.

I have met people from wester Europe there, some said they were there once before and now plan their vacations so the can see the cars again.
There are always plenty of model A Fords and maybe a three wheeled Morgan or two, a few one cylinder cars and some with 12 cylinders. Plenty of old trucks and motorcycles too.
This year a one cylinder car built in 1898 cruised around the park.
The meet is a very well run event put on by the Santa Clara Valley Model T Club, organized by ivanís Parents, Pader And Maria Jorgensen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 01:56 am:

I"ve only made it one, but it was fantastic. The historic village is a wonderful setting.
Now if you could get the steam engine (SP 1215) running. . . .(personal interest there, I was in charge of taking it out of the park at Hanford way back when--we were going to restore it at the Portola RR Museum)
I hope to be able to attend another one!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 09:39 am:

Ivan,

I must ask - are you any relation to the late Mel Jorgensen, M.D.? Dr. Jorgensen practiced in Los Gatos for many years, then retired and was active in music until his passing several years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 04:55 pm:

Thank you for taking the time to post and share these photos. There are not too many events that focus on high quality, prewar cars. That looks like a great event. Thanks again for sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 07:21 pm:

Is that the World Famous #4 Speedster on the back of the flatbed?

It's the only time I ever seen it not being driven by Ed Archer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 07:46 pm:

That is certainly the world's famous #4 and it looks like Ed Archer driving the Non-Ford truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Stephens - Arnold, CA on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 01:07 am:

Ivan,

Thanks for posting the great video. My brother and I and our friends (found us in the video) have been going every year for a while. It's such a fine event in a very nice setting.

Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 01:30 am:

Next year we should plan a forum meet at the park since so many forum posters go there from time to time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Stephens - Arnold, CA on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 10:18 pm:

Great idea, Aaron!

Tom

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration